Training Camp 2018

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Agree to disagree, but fair enough.

My reasoning being that our DI LB the last couple years has been used almost exclusively on special teams and we have enough good Canadian players to run down kicks now that it may not be necessary.  Although it would be nice to have Wild, JSK, and Bighill all on the roster, for sure.

17 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Our best defensive games last season were with 7 DL.  Struggled huge against the run with 6 dressed.  We have lots of NI DB’s and LB’s who can fill in.  If we had one DI to use on D I’d use it on a DL.

How many of those 6 dl games where when we were refusing to use our best line up and forcing thomas in, not starting jeffcoat etc though. 

We struggled against the run vs every team that wanted to run, for idk 3 years? Any time a team has decided to focus on the run theyve had their way with our D for far too long. The hurl effect. 

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Linebacker, IMO, is the place we don't need to use a DI.

May be right, but we all know mos loves to roll with a crazy amount of Lbers. 

I think we will see a lot less rotation of the front 7 this year, and smaller numbers of players at both positions. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

My surprise cuts..   

Opo - 2 much cash for a backup. 

Nevis - Bryant looks legit

Wild - joins the team in a coaching role

Hope we try to trade Nevis.

Okpalaugo might be a challenge since he got a big contract.

37 minutes ago, Floyd said:

When's the last time an import DT got traded?  Just wondering...

shawn lemon maybe? Joe flemming for sure...  I would suspect a lack of DL trades stem from teams hoarding linemen. 

3 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

There will be injuries just don't see anyone too big named cut.

can always hide guys on injured list and in active hoping to trade em. 

58 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Never, he's one of the untouchables.  When his time comes, he will be given the off-season to announce his retirement on his own terms. 

We gotta show him we aren’t the rough riders organization.

Plus, he’s still a good player.  When he’s healthy he is still a 1000 yards per 18 guys and a great leader.  Hopefully he doesn’t have to take as many hits this year with Bowman and Demski on the team. 

Edited by Colin Unger

14 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

We gotta show him we aren’t the rough riders organization.

Plus, he’s still a good player.  When he’s healthy he is still a 1000 yards per 18 guys and a great leader.  Hopefully he doesn’t have to take as many hits this year with Bowman and Demski on the team. 

would be nice if we stopped running him on those sweep plays. We have the depth at wr we should be able to help him stay healthy especially late in the season. 

14 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

So we’re going to rotate receivers? We’re not going to sit Adams/Dressler/Bowman to get a rookie receiver in the game. 

Flanders will play. The Harris/Flanders backfield package was one of our most dangerous weapons last year. I don’t see them giving that up. Not to mention Flanders has proved he’s an adequate starting receiver. 

Randle, and Thompkins were legitimate NFL starters. 

12 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Never, he's one of the untouchables.  When his time comes, he will be given the off-season to announce his retirement on his own terms. 

Well that's why it would be a surprise...

I thought this might be a good idea. The coaches obviously liked him, and he just went where he thought he had a good chance of playing. Had a horrible time in SSK but hopefully can learn from that and produce in a new system. I like that he's being brought back however this can't reflect too well on Ross or Streveler.

20 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I thought this might be a good idea. The coaches obviously liked him, and he just went where he thought he had a good chance of playing. Had a horrible time in SSK but hopefully can learn from that and produce in a new system. I like that he's being brought back however this can't reflect too well on Ross or Streveler.

Why?  Maybe they're planning on dumping Mahoney.  It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with how Ross and Streveler are performing.

36 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Or they're just exploring every option they can and making sure they have the best possible team on the field every week. 

The day you stop trying to get better is the day you instantly get worse. 

41 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

So, if they bring in someone, the only explanation can be that they're not happy with the ones they already have?