Training Camp 2018

6 hours ago, Floyd said:

I'm cheering for Streveler...

But this post is essentially the same 'oh we've finally found our QB of the future haha on everyone else' that we see every single year...

And then they get cut or leave

where does my post say we've finally found our qb of the future?

And nothing is more predictable, than the post you made.

Edited by Mark F

17 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

If Ross did I am sure some would still complain the Bombers still have not found their own guy.

The Bombers will only get credit for developing their own QB if one of their employees gives birth to him; he attends school in the Pinnacle room, is coached by Mike O'Shea from crunchers level through the Rifles, is picked as a territorial exemption by the Bombers and has never left IGF from birth to his first away game in the CFL.

10 hours ago, Mark F said:

where does my post say we've finally found our qb of the future?

And nothing is more predictable, than the post you made.

'Downside of Streveler/Ross being good...'

But not good enough to be heir apparent to Nichols... I don't get it.

And its ridiculous to think that anyone on this forum is not cheering for the Bombers to develop a QB.

15 minutes ago, Floyd said:

'Downside of Streveler/Ross being good...'

But not good enough to be heir apparent to Nichols... I don't get it.

And its ridiculous to think that anyone on this forum is not cheering for the Bombers to develop a QB.

I believe our good friend @Mark F was simply imagining the possibility of Ross/Streveler turning out well and how nice that would be.

40 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I believe our good friend @Mark F was simply imagining the possibility of Ross/Streveler turning out well and how nice that would be.

...in a very passive aggressive kind of way...

Maybe I'm just still fresh from being ready to annoint Austin Apodaca as our 'next QB' last off-season... or being castigated because I didn't think Dom Davis was very good...

I was there yesterday...cold in those stands. Most of the day was teaching so everything was split up

in segments on the field, e.g. linemen one area, defence another and so on.

When I first got there our drafted kicker Felix Menard-Briere was on the field by himself. He was kicking

field goals from the 55 yard line. The first 3 or 4 fell at the 5 yard line, but the rest went through the

posts easily and was very accurate. Not quite sure about his punting though. He was on the

field all practice running the end zone by himself.

There are so many receivers in camp and so many Canadians for a change, pretty much focused

on them when they were actually doing something to watch, which was not too often...but saw

a lot of potential out there, much more than some previous seasons. Notables

Donteea Dye #77 very interesting...good hands small and quick and very athletic

Tylor Henry national did not look out of place

Rashaun Simonize national #13...hmmm...big and fast, can see why he had an NFL look. Right now? not yet sold

on his hands...lots of potential there for sure, but what good is a receiver if they are not reliable?

Johnny Augustine #35, National, fast and strong, appears to have great hands out of the backfield and would

be a load on 2nd and short. Was very impressed with him. Can't believe he wasn't drafted and then Edmonton

signed him last year. Maybe something we don't know?

Tyrone Pierre national #73, is big and strong looking and appears to have good hands and is fast enough caught virtually everything thrown his way

Brendon Thera-Plamondon national also did not look out of place

Corey Washington #6 Int...Looks very good and made some nice catches. Looks like we let the right Washington go

Myles White Int #14 is really quick and has excellent hands, defensive backs would have hands full with him, sort of like a dressler type

Drew Wolitarsky #82 national...looks much improved from last year, rooting for him.

Didn't pay to much attention to the Qb's, but Strevelor is big and athletic and looks to have a quick release and strong arm. Ross looked

good as well, will be interesting who plants themselves in the #2 spot.

Also didn't pay too much attention to the D, but did see some nice interceptions and looks like there is plenty of speed. Only glad that

Sam Hurl is gone, but if the defence runs the same way as last year, only improved skill levels from the defence will save the job

of Richie Hall.

Sorry I couldn't have done better but it was mostly a teaching practice

Edited by blitzmore

22 hours ago, Floyd said:

Maybe I'm just still fresh from being ready to annoint Austin Apodaca as our 'next QB' last off-season... or being castigated because I didn't think Dom Davis was very good...

Speaking of Apodaca:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/05/18/patriots-quarterback-austin-apodaca-workout-brady-hoyer-etling-cfl/

(I get the weirdest alerts from Google about the CFL.)

7 minutes ago, johnzo said:

Speaking of Apodaca:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/05/18/patriots-quarterback-austin-apodaca-workout-brady-hoyer-etling-cfl/

(I get the weirdest alerts from Google about the CFL.)

he was in that fall league and we recently picked one of his team mates up too. 

Guy had all the arm talent to be a pro qb. Im guessing he didnt fit their mold as much as desired (smart, tough, humble) or had a real mental flaw.

15 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Guys like Augustine and Thera-Plamandon have a real chance of making this team on special teams and H-Back.

Also really liked the back we just signed when he was in Vikings camp, Jhurrell Pressley.  He’s a big play type back, real fast.

I could see pressley becoming our new return man / di and working his way into the offense. Big play guy, can return, can catch the ball, and is a good size back. 

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I could see Pressley becoming our new return man / di and working his way into the offense. Big play guy, can return, can catch the ball, and is a good size back. 

But does he have blue suede shoes?