Training Camp 2018

The first Preseason game is May 31 .... the regular season starts June 14 ... everything will start to move very quickly now .... I am not used to the CFL in May  but you know what? I am very glad for it

Thank you Mr Ambroise but please be advised I still want a November Grey Cup ... mid November is Ok but no sooner

Stanley Cup and Grey Cup in the same year ... it would probably kill me !

8 hours ago, BigBlue said:

The first Preseason game is May 31 .... the regular season starts June 14 ... everything will start to move very quickly now .... I am not used to the CFL in May  but you know what? I am very glad for it

Thank you Mr Ambroise but please be advised I still want a November Grey Cup ... mid November is Ok but no sooner

Stanley Cup and Grey Cup in the same year ... it would probably kill me !

I'll take a late October Grey Cup please and thank you

55 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'll take a late October Grey Cup please and thank you

I hear that, but adding in that extra bye week pretty much make that impossible. 1st or 2nd Sunday in November is about the earliest we can shoot for.

On 2018-05-07 at 6:52 PM, wbbfan said:

What im most looking forward to (other then the off season being over) is the battles at QB, db, and wr. A bunch of very talented athletes for not a lot of spots. mlb/wil should be great battles too. 

Who do you favor at 3rd string"?

Nobody asked me but I'll be pretty surprised if the QB lineup is anything other than Nichols, Durant, Ross, Streveler.

Streveler could win #3 but Ross has the experience and the inside track right now.

I don't think Philip Nelson will factor in, and may not even last past rookie camp.

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

Given who we have at 1 & 2, the QB position is pretty much set. I’m not particularly excited about that position battle. 

Because I've been so focused on Hockey, slipped my mind we have Durant in the fold. Eagerly curious to see what he brings to our team this year.  

19 hours ago, BigBlue said:

Who do you favor at 3rd string"?

I like all three guys vying for the spot. Before camp I would have ross with the best chance to be the 3rd string. If all pans out id rather have the athletic ability and size of streveler as the 3rd stringer though. Have him do short yardage, hold, put in some option stuff for him. Have ross on the PR. And that leaves nelson  the odd man out. I think it will end up the other way around though. Ross as qb3, streveler on the PR and nelson cut. 

10 hours ago, Atomic said:

Nobody asked me but I'll be pretty surprised if the QB lineup is anything other than Nichols, Durant, Ross, Streveler.

Streveler could win #3 but Ross has the experience and the inside track right now.

I don't think Philip Nelson will factor in, and may not even last past rookie camp.

Samesies. Nelson offers a bit of both worlds, but isnt nearly as good at either. (Running and passing) Has some character issues in the past, which is a kiss of death around here. And they are all really young. 23/24/25. All three could kick around CFL prs for a few years at the least.  This is not the old days of scrapping the bottom of the barrel at qb. (remember when we didnt even have a QB coach for soo many years?) All of these guys have NFL level talent and athletic ability. Ross is a bit light, none are sky scrappers but they all have the size to do it.

6 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Given who we have at 1 & 2, the QB position is pretty much set. I’m not particularly excited about that position battle. 

Idk I feel like some how the 1/2 will still come up. Maybe durant doesnt pan out, or gets hurt, or maybe he lights it up in PS. Perhaps im just not able to accept long term stability up and down the depth chart at QB after soo many years though. 

Ill throw out a few other wild predictions for TC as well.

I see wild being displaced at LBer. Gause takes the MLB spot, and JSK stays at his WIl spot. This might take a couple weeks and wild may well stick as a DI for his teams work. 

I think the nastiness of roh takes a starting spot on the DE from ogopogo. I think okpalaugo  maybe sits on the IR for a bit, possibly gets dealt. 

I think one of the rookie wrs makes it very hard for the first few weeks as well. I think one of the rookie imps will be a mainstay starter after a few weeks.

I think either speller or spooner leap frog couture and take the T/G job. Displacing neufeld. 

Foggs last tc here. The rook Nis and demski take over return man work and the DI gets used else where. 

Petermann and simonise swap starts and reps. Petermann shows more reliability but simonise flashes more brilliance and ends up taking the job. 

Bingham or sayles becomes the tc mvp hype train that gets derailed and cut after a meh pre season performance. 

Finally, I think FMB will make the team, if only the PR at first. I dont think medlock is going to be here for many more years.

Tldr, a lot of rookie up sets and costly vets sacrificed for cap space going forward.   

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Samesies. Nelson offers a bit of both worlds, but isnt nearly as good at either. (Running and passing) Has some character issues in the past, which is a kiss of death around here. And they are all really young. 23/24/25. All three could kick around CFL prs for a few years at the least.  This is not the old days of scrapping the bottom of the barrel at qb. (remember when we didnt even have a QB coach for soo many years?) All of these guys have NFL level talent and athletic ability. Ross is a bit light, none are sky scrappers but they all have the size to do it.

Not sure if this is the case anymore.  Walters touched on this type of thing in one of his recent interviews about Simonise.  He admitted that earlier in his GM career he tended to play it say with the guys he would take on.  Now he feels like the locker room is strong enough to handle guys who might have some baggage & keep them in check.

Predictions:

Streveler is third string out of camp

Wild gets cut in our salary saving move because JSK can’t be held off the field

Simonise starts the year at WR, Wolitarsky  gives Demski a tough battle in the slot.

Flanders ends up as a Rider and we all hate it 

Tony Stevens ends up as the receiver we all want to see getting playing time

Gause wins the MLB job

Surprise cut #2 will be Drake Nevis

I predict Chris Givens lights it up (is he even still on the team?) Bowman misses some games but still hits 1000.

No one steals the MLB job and we are forced to put Wild there and it won't work too well. Also people begin to question Walters after that.

Demski 500 yards. Good, not elite.

Big bounce back year from Okpo.

Also think Flanders gets traded and we live to regret it.

That's all I got.

7 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

I predict Chris Givens lights it up (is he even still on the team?) Bowman misses some games but still hits 1000.

No one steals the MLB job and we are forced to put Wild there and it won't work too well. Also people begin to question Walters after that.

Demski 500 yards. Good, not elite.

Big bounce back year from Okpo.

Also think Flanders gets traded and we live to regret it.

That's all I got.

But can I play the piano anymore?

On 2018-05-09 at 8:24 AM, Atomic said:

Won't even make it to rookie camp!

2 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Not sure if this is the case anymore.  Walters touched on this type of thing in one of his recent interviews about Simonise.  He admitted that earlier in his GM career he tended to play it say with the guys he would take on.  Now he feels like the locker room is strong enough to handle guys who might have some baggage & keep them in check.

It sure seems like walters is far more open to guys with troubled pasts. I wonder how on board with that MOS is. At the end of season presser last year they didnt seem to be on the same page with some stuff. 

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Predictions:

Streveler is third string out of camp

Wild gets cut in our salary saving move because JSK can’t be held off the field

Simonise starts the year at WR, Wolitarsky  gives Demski a tough battle in the slot.

Flanders ends up as a Rider and we all hate it 

Tony Stevens ends up as the receiver we all want to see getting playing time

Gause wins the MLB job

Surprise cut #2 will be Drake Nevis

That flanders prediction better not come true. Oh how i hate it! 

Nevis, thatd be a huge shocker. If we still had thomas I could see it, but with out Idk. He is the type of high cost imp that could fall victim to cap limits.

57 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Won't even make it to rookie camp!

MOP

When i see 5'10 195lbs wr I think, this guy has GOT to have amazing talent/athleticism. Especially to have gotten some play time in the nfl.

I hope firlotte becomes the wingman to loffler. On or off the field. Like bill and ted but with awesome hair. 

Gause will start at MLB...defensive backfield will be Randle..Wolff..Loeffler.. Fenner and Alexander to start season..Gaitor as 6th...possibly Fogg of nobody steps up returning punts.

Nevis I see getting cut..Wild the DI linebacker..and if Casher or Montogomery show too well in camp Opo possibly on injury list to start year.

White I bet makes the roster as the backup receiver role that Lankford held..with One of or both of Steven's and Washington on PR

Simone and Demski start as National receivers with Drew getting reps all over offence if he doesnt beat out simonese for starter position

If we were smart as well QBs would be Nichols.. Durant and Strevler

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Did Thomas ever sign anywhere?  Is he just not playing this year??  That would be a shame.

Nope never did. Also didnt retire. Idk how he falls through the cracks. He is a 27 year old and could be a solid NI starter for atleast 3 teams. Id love to have him back. Im far from sold on faith who is just 2 years younger.