Round 2 - Game 3: Predators @ Jets

1516JETS017_MTSCentre-VS-Graphics_620x33

Tuesday, CBC, SN  at 7:00 p.m.

Tagline: "Country Music Hall of Fame at Human Rights Museum"

Storyline: Jets return to the "White House" with home advantage now in their grasp in a series that is starting to look as skilled and as nasty as advertised.

Celebrity Quote: “Life is like a ten speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use." Peanuts creator, and Minnesota born-hockey fan Charles M. Schultz

Quote #2: “Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way." Baseball pitcher Satchel Paige.

Recycled fun fact: Connor Hellebuyck is 7-0-1 with 2 shutouts and a .949 save percentage in the next game played after giving up 5 or more goals.

Fun fact #2: Sunday's game was the longest game ever played in Winnipeg Jets history, either 1.0 or the Atlanta days.

Blake Wheeler seems to me a bit off with his usual style of play. My guess he's playing with some sort of injury.

I'd still take him at 80% though.

Also, after losing yesterday, Blake Wheeler also reminds us that we aren't going to win every game to the cup. We just got to make sure we win that last game that gets us that Cup.

24 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

If Perrault is good to go.

I'd like to see Maurice put back Perrault-Little-Roslovic on the 2nd line.

Move the Stastny line on the 3rd. 

Copp-Lowry-Tanev on 4th. 

no way you drop the Stastny line to third. they are generating numerous chances just not finishing. it will come, look for a break out game from that line tomorrow.

Just like we've rid the game predominately of staged fighting, the enforcer role so to speak we should rid the game of cheap shot artists, jerkfaces who think they're doing their job. And I'm not just talking through suspensions. What's happened though is you take from Peter (enforcer) and give to Paul (Cheap shot artists).

I read things like PK Subban getting under the skin of the Jets. I'd like to see a parade of guys like him (and any of our guys who think that maybe that's their job crossing the line into recklessness) to the penalty box to allow skill with versus skill and aggression versus aggression (see Buff type play as an example) to determine the outcome of the game.

I was a chippy type player when I played and I was penalized for it by either sitting in the penalty box and/or getting clobbered to let me know enough is enough.

My guess is these players who embrace that type of style and believe they don't need to adjust at all because it's got them to where they are today struggle with being respected by a majority of their NHL peers both current and former.

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Well love it in three years when Lemieux is wreaking havoc...

until then subban sucks.

I don't mind players wreaking havoc as long as they don't consistently put others players health in jeopardy. If that's how Lemieux wants to carve out a career for himself, go back to Buffalo.

If he wants to play an aggressive game and control for reckless abandon effecting other players, welcome sir.

We give players penalties for not keeping their sticks under control, the same goes for all other parts of their body, equipment. 

Lemieux takes way too many penalties for the Moose.  He has indirectly cost them games this season with bad penalties.  Nasty, nasty player.  Hated throughout the AHL.  He has some skill and should chill out just a little bit.  Then he will be in the NHL.

1 minute ago, BomberBall said:

Why wasn’t that waved off?  Dude hit Myers in the back.  They called it on Hendricks last game.  BS.

seems that the refs are playing tonight

hope lemieux doesn't cost the moose the calder

other than that not a good start guys.

Nice Parta Tony

seriously wheels

I hate you Subban