Round 2 - Game 2: Jets @ Predators

Nashville-Predators-Vs-Winnipeg-Jets.jpg

Sunday, CBC, SN  at 7:00 p.m.

Tagline: "Carrie Underwood vs Chris Jericho"

Storyline: After "stealing" home ice advantage (editor's note: the "stole the game" narrative is up for debate, IMO), the Jets try to double their all-time second round wins total and take a sizeable advantage back home.

Quote: “I don't feel as overwhelmed as the stats will tell me I should at all.....They put an awful lot of pucks to the net from all over the ice. I’m not worried about those stats. There certainly weren’t a lot of odd-man rushes or things like that of a real high-risk nature" - Paul Maurice after the game, on the idea that the lopsided shot totals suggested that the Jets were dominated all night.

Quote #2: “If I’m being honest, that’s the best game we’ve probably played in the playoffs. The bounces didn’t go our way and that’s one we’re okay [with]. There’s no question how well we played tonight. We’re fine in here. That’s probably the best I’ve felt being minus-3 in a game.” - PK Subban

Fun fact: Rinne vs Hellebuyck is the first meeting between two Vezina finalists in the playoffs since Tim Thomas vs. Roberto Luongo in the 2011 Cup Finals.

Fun fact #2: Nashville is 0-8 in their playoff history when losing game 1.

7 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Nashville-Predators-Vs-Winnipeg-Jets.jpg

Sunday, CBC, SN  at 7:00 p.m.

Tagline: "Carrie Underwood vs Chris Jericho"

Storyline: After "stealing" home ice advantage (editor's note: the "stole the game" narrative is up for debate, IMO), the Jets try to double their all-time second round wins total and take a sizeable advantage back home.

Quote: “I don't feel as overwhelmed as the stats will tell me I should at all.....They put an awful lot of pucks to the net from all over the ice. I’m not worried about those stats. There certainly weren’t a lot of odd-man rushes or things like that of a real high-risk nature" - Paul Maurice after the game, on the idea that the lopsided shot totals suggested that the Jets were dominated all night.

Quote #2: “If I’m being honest, that’s the best game we’ve probably played in the playoffs. The bounces didn’t go our way and that’s one we’re okay [with]. There’s no question how well we played tonight. We’re fine in here. That’s probably the best I’ve felt being minus-3 in a game.” - PK Subban

Fun fact: Rinne vs Hellebuyck is the first meeting between two Vezina finalists in the playoffs since Tim Thomas vs. Roberto Luongo in the 2011 Cup Finals.

Fun fact #2: Nashville is 0-8 in their playoff history when losing game 1.

I like this fun fact. Lets beat them in game two and learn from the Bluejackets in coming home up two to zip.

oh joy, we're in the box this will be fun

well our PP was quite brief

hoo man monkey in the middle in the box

Buffy the goaltender slayer ladies and gentleman game is tied\

Scheif makes it 2-1 I dare the refs to wave off or review it

Edited by iHeart

sigh tied again

but back to the PP we go

Bad ref! is St.Laurent a ref in this game?

grrrrrrr we need a dman to come out to play

and subban is injured I don't want to say it's karma for what just happened to Laine but.....

Edited by iHeart

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Subban dove. Hes fine. 

The fix is in tonight. Jets being jobbed. 

Nashville gets away with so much crosschecks its actually insane. 

I have to agree.  I generally don’t buy into the games being ‘fixed’, but tonight has been so blatantly one sided, it feels like someone wants Nashville to win at all costs.