Mini-camp info - April 24-26

Jacquie

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/5/24/11759282/eagles-rookie-profile-quentin-gause-rutgers-linebacker-profile-scouting-report-philadelphia 

They said in the radio just now that Quentin Gause is the early favourite to win the job at middle linebacker. He’s a physical phreak,  shows good speed and is a good character and a academic. He is a bit short for the nfl at 6 foot tall but shows a good vertical. He spent he last two years on NFL practice rosters.

I was there today in the morning, but it was hard to come away with much info. Everybody looked roughly the same at the start. I had read Tait's preview article before going so I must admit that I focused more on some of those guys.

Out of the new QBs, I thought Philip Nelson was the best. In the 7 on 7s he started with a ball in the turf on a short out to an RB, but then was on fire after that. Had a huge completion down the middle to a WR that had everyone excited. Nelson himself was fist-pumping after that one. Had some nice deep ball throws too.

Lankford had a nice deep catch and beat some of the new CBs pretty handily with his speed. Washington reeled in a few short tosses. The surprise of the day for me was watching Wolitarsky more. His routes were excellent, leading to a bunch of crisp catches.

I couldn't pick out much from the new DBs. Plenty still learning the game and rules, so there were a lot of receiver wins in the one-on-ones.

2 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/5/24/11759282/eagles-rookie-profile-quentin-gause-rutgers-linebacker-profile-scouting-report-philadelphia 

They said in the radio just now that Quentin Gause is the early favourite to win the job at middle linebacker. He’s a physical phreak,  shows good speed and is a good character and a academic. He is a bit short for the nfl at 6 foot tall but shows a good vertical. He spent he last two years on NFL practice rosters.

As was reported in this forum earlier, Gause has the tools and attitude but has a bum knee which may or may not cause him problems. I sure hope not, because he sounds exactly like who we need in the middle. Weird photo of him in the link, though.

Edited by tracker

Quentin Gause #42 is a very thick guy. Broke up a play in his area. Physically solid.  Was probably the second heaviest guy out there, behind Goosen. 

Kind of a nice day within the stadium but windy as heck outside. No Durant, confirmed. Notable on the D, #37 Zavian Bingham dB, played the receivers physically and very tight breaking up plays and got a few cheers from fellow D men. He was mugging  L. Washington but Wash still came up with a one handed grab.  #45 Chinedu Oparuku good size and appeared eager. #19 Kylie Wilson looks like he’ll be competing for a LB position, focused. 

#12 not on field but #18 replaced him. Have no idea who #18 is. #16 Tyler Stewart threw the ball the hardest of all four qbs out there. 15 and 13 rounded out the qbs. #13 Nelson looked the most challenged of the qbs.  #32 Cierre Wood RB is enthusiastic, fast, and hustles. Might be his schooling. He sure brought it. 

Receivers, good news bad news. #87 Tony Stevens has presence out there and is going to compete for a job, with Lankford and Washington. #14 Myles White grabbed a long pass and outran a couple dbs for a TD. #12 Adarius Bowman, he’s big, but, oh, hate to say it, he dropped a couple.

#44 Prewitt should go home. Disinterested. 

all numbers on jersey are for mini camp only. 

Edited by Rod Black

some observations...

LB's

Gause ...thick..fast ..agile and looks to be front runner as the MLB..or at the least the DI spot. For a bigger guy very agile and capable of covering sideline to sideline as he showed in skelly...has a powerul jab/punch and would have no issue scrapping along line and shedding blocks to stuff the run...very impressed 

Wilson too..very similar but not as agile...but plays with confidence..as did Gause. Not as quick as Gause but would have no issue covering a back in the flats and playing sideline to sideline...I would say him and Gause are prime candidate for the MLB role and I think Gause is the better,,,he's just darn good

Jones is not as quick and not as agile..but solidly built...practices like this are hard to judge a guys true worth, but he is behind the two I mentioned..though he looks to be a guy who could lay the lumber.

Be interesting TC and if we roll all import at Linebacker i could truly see JSK/Gause and Legget/Fenner with Wilson or maybe Wild as the extra...if we able to roster wise have all those guys that be sweet but one of Wilson/wild i think will be PR'd or cut

DB's

Hate to Roc Carmichale a guy but Earl Wolff will start...smooth..savy pro who has extra greasy swivel to him and can just manouver and adjust at will to put himself in position to just make plays...and he is solid too...I actually wouldn't be surprised to see him at SAM too...he one way or another will be on the roster and a guy who can play..and excell at CB/HB/SAM...not sure why he isn't stlll in the NFL...BUt it's our gain..guy is legit...just knows where he is and where things were headed and has nose for the ball

Bingham too also impressed...looked confident and has a real knack for arriving the ame time as the ball and busting things up...didn't give up much cushion and can really see him fitting in this defense as a ball hawk..With him..Wolff..Fenner..Leggett..Randle...i see it being a tough camp for one of..if not any of Fogg..Gaitor or Clarke sticking...gonna be a good battle...nobody else really stood out, but again...was watching multiple things going on so its tough.

receivers...man if we could have this ratio thing cleared up to start 4 imports we have some talent to choose from with options to start4 and have 2 back-ups on roster not named Lankford

Best of group is Stevens by far..silky smooth...fast and just has ability to seperate easily..and often....he can run his routes and cut like Denmark could without gearing down but is big and can win battles for the ball...how he isn't kept around would be troubling. Never seen him drop a thing and everything he does just looks polished

Same can be said about C Washignton...big..knows how to use that  body and he is very quick for a dude his size..real nice hands and with this feild size..already seems to know where to find the seams and get the ball in stride...he could cause all kinds of havoc in the middle third of the field...

Can also see why Myles White was kept all yr..and brough back...lightning in a bottle and is so fast..out of his cuts..and once ball hits his hands..which are real good..best route runner out there..has a fifth gear he can jump into on the fly and tracks balls better than I have seen here in a long while..I hope he gets to show his return abilities becuse he has them too and can be a reason for us to be abe to roster hopefully 2 import receivers as a backup on game day...

LDW as well still has to be in the conversation..he has gained some size and looks more comfortable and polished...and his route running is much improved..he runs with meaning and purpose now it seems...confidence a familiarity does that..I also noticed he did some work on technique and is now a hand catcher as opposed to using his body as much..good on him as it allows receivers to play with speed better (which he has ample amounts of )and catch balls in stride...

I also noticed A.J Coney...he is quick and runs sharp routes and once ball is in his hands seems to be a threat to bust a big play...could be a camp dark horse...not sure if he is a returner..but that could be an ace in the hole for him

Anyway thats my opinions and thiughts..feel free to comment or rip it apart hahahaha

42 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Quentin Gause #42 is a very thick guy. Broke up a play in his area. Physically solid.  Was probably the second heaviest guy out there, behind Goosen. 

Kind of a nice day within the stadium but windy as heck outside. No Durant, confirmed. Notable on the D, #37 Zavian Bingham dB, played the receivers physically and very tight breaking up plays and got a few cheers from fellow D men. He was mugging  L. Washington but Wash still came up with a one handed grab.  #45 Chinedu Oparuku good size and appeared eager. #19 Kylie Wilson looks like he’ll be competing for a LB position, focused. 

#12 not on field but #18 replaced him. Have no idea who #18 is. #16 Tyler Stewart threw the ball the hardest of all four qbs out there. 15 and 13 rounded out the qbs. #13 Nelson looked the most challenged of the qbs.  #32 Cierre Wood RB is enthusiastic, fast, and hustles. Might be his schooling. He sure brought it. 

Receivers, good news bad news. #87 Tony Stevens has presence out there and is going to compete for a job, with Lankford and Washington. #14 Myles White grabbed a long pass and outran a couple dbs for a TD. #12 Adarius Bowman, he’s big, but, oh, hate to say it, he dropped a couple.

#44 Prewitt should go home. Disinterested. 

all numbers on jersey are for mini camp only. 

Prewitts knicked up

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

so it sounds like we've recruited allstars at every position, awesome. Grey Cup here we come! 

God I love this time of year. 

remember a couple years ago when all our DBs looked out of this world in camp but it turned out the offense was the problem?  Im just glad it isnt that problem any more. if one db steps up and steals a job thats fantastic. if every other wr and db only end up pushing our guys in camp and give us a couple guys to develop Ill be happy. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Just to spark some discussion, if we have several import receivers impress, do we make a ratio adjustment to start 4? Conversely does one of them eventually replace Dressler?

I think we have a very high likely hood of starting the season with 4 imp wrs and one ni. Dressler? not replaced this year imo. Cept for possibly getting banged up for a few games. 

25 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

remember a couple years ago when all our DBs looked out of this world in camp but it turned out the offense was the problem?  Im just glad it isnt that problem any more. if one db steps up and steals a job thats fantastic. if every other wr and db only end up pushing our guys in camp and give us a couple guys to develop Ill be happy. 

I think we have a very high likely hood of starting the season with 4 imp wrs and one ni. Dressler? not replaced this year imo. Cept for possibly getting banged up for a few games. 

So a Faith/Corney rotation as 7th ni starter?

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So a Faith/Corney rotation as 7th ni starter?

Imo DL is the last place we change. if healthy we gotta put those 4 back in place as starters.  NI for bond (probably neuf though im pulling for a young guy like couture) and either a ni db or a wil to play with jsk. Maybe a rotation between those two positions with a new guy rotating at wil.