Round 1: Game 2-Wild

iHeart

41 minutes ago, iHeart said:

and yet another fight....I wish I saved all of frosty's photos but the jets paper is no longer available I wish I saved the shall we dance meme as well

and the Jets win, that was  an ugly well earned win...and with Bettman in the building. So who wants to volunteer to post the game 3 thread?

Nothing ugly about that win - it was way more dominating than the game 1 win! Jets were patient in applying pressure and tirelessly delivering pain at every turn.  They were smarter on offense and didn’t look like they over-thought chances like they did early in game 1.

Can’t wait to see how our boys handle the Minnesota home crowd on Sunday!

Michael Russo‏Verified account @RussoHockey 16m16 minutes ago

More

Koivu on being Big Buffed: You’re trying to score and you’re around the net and you know he’s somewhere, but you can't really think at that point. ... He got me there. But I thought it was a clean hit." #mnwild

:lol:

The Buff effect.

Edited by Mark F

That third goal brought me so much hockey joy.  Minnesota had the puck on their sticks for 20 seconds trying to move it out of their zone.  Little cut them off, then Roslovic, then Copp, and then each of them did it again.  Finally all that pressure created a turnover, and two passes later the puck is in the net.  That goal was earned thru high-level grinding and maximum effort forechecking.  I cheered for all the goals but that was the one where I literally jumped out of my seat.

1 hour ago, mbrg said:

maximum effort forechecking. 

They are the best forechecking team right now. They've all turned in to Wheeler.

There are different options on the Wheeler prototype, degree of speed, shot making, lethal bodychecking, shot blocking,  but they  all play with maximum effort and fearlessness,  just like Wheeler has been doing all along.

The Wild kept up pretty well first two periods of game one, but after that.... it's over Johnny.

Based on last night's game I'd say the Wild are  intimidated by the Jets, in a few ways. 

Edited by Mark F

13 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Embarrassing 

several times Romanuk has gotten Jets names wrong.  The Canadian mainstream sports media has so little interest in any team outside of Ontario that doesn't rhyme with Beefs.  It's pathetic.  I also hate it when he and Garry Galley have to say for the twentieth time "you may be just getting to know this team as you probably haven't seen any of their games".    Like come on.  I am a hockey fan.  If it was Calgary, Edmonton or Montreal playing, I would know most of the players.  Canadian hockey fans aren't that dumb Paul.  Not as dumb as you anyway.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

They are the best forechecking team right now. They've all turned in to Wheeler.

There are different options on the Wheeler prototype, degree of speed, shot making, lethal bodychecking, shot blocking,  but they  all play with maximum effort and fearlessness,  just like Wheeler has been doing all along.

The Wild kept up pretty well first two periods of game one, but after that.... it's over Johnny.

Based on last night's game I'd say the Wild are  intimidated by the Jets, in a few ways. 

There were many times the Wild players were turning away or pulling up early. They were shying away from hits even when jets weren’t hitting. 

Key thing is win game 3 so you don’t make wild think they’re in this.