Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kelownabomberfan

Humboldt Broncos

Recommended Posts

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but one thing I thought of when I read the details of this accident was that B-trains like the one below should not be allowed on the road as they endanger everyone's safety.   These rigs are prevalent in Sask. and I've had units this big pass me at 120 km/h on the Trans-Canada crossing Sask.   Driver may have temporarily forgotten the length of his load when he attempted to cross the road in front of the bus or he may have just blown the stop sign as has been previously suggested.  The length allowed has been pushed to 90 ft. (27.5 M) and stopping distance must be absolutely ridiculous.

semi-trailer.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

make it $7 million.

I was watching BC1 news on Saturday and they had just broken one million, and the news anchor was talking about the Go Fund Me and how amazing it was that they had blown through the original $300,000 target so fast  and how she was amazed at how fast Canadians were rallying to help, then she choked up and couldn't talk anymore and they had to go to commercial.  Way to go Canada.  So proud right now.

Absolutely, these families should not have to worry about anything financial, only on healing, coping and getting through the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but one thing I thought of when I read the details of this accident was that B-trains like the one below should not be allowed on the road as they endanger everyone's safety.   These rigs are prevalent in Sask. and I've had units this big pass me at 120 km/h on the Trans-Canada crossing Sask.   Driver may have temporarily forgotten the length of his load when he attempted to cross the road in front of the bus or he may have just blown the stop sign as has been previously suggested.  The length allowed has been pushed to 90 ft. (27.5 M) and stopping distance must be absolutely ridiculous.

 

I don't think you should speculate on what the driver was thinking at the moment and to suggest that this professional driver "forgot" he was driving a long combination vehicle is irresponsible. 

When the investigators have filed their report, we'll know a lot more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but one thing I thought of when I read the details of this accident was that B-trains like the one below should not be allowed on the road as they endanger everyone's safety.   These rigs are prevalent in Sask. and I've had units this big pass me at 120 km/h on the Trans-Canada crossing Sask.   Driver may have temporarily forgotten the length of his load when he attempted to cross the road in front of the bus or he may have just blown the stop sign as has been previously suggested.  The length allowed has been pushed to 90 ft. (27.5 M) and stopping distance must be absolutely ridiculous.

semi-trailer.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=

The trucking company involved has now been suspended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The trucking company involved has now been suspended.

Just to expand, suspending them is standard procedure in these types of cases until a deeper investigation is complete.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4135621/calgary-truck-company-suspended-humboldt-broncos-crash/

Quote

The trucking company that contracted the semi-truck involved in the Humboldt Broncos bus crash that killed 15 people and injured 14 others has been suspended pending an investigation.

Adesh Deol Trucking Ltd. was suspended indefinitely by the Alberta Transportation ministry pending an investigation,  provincial Transport Minister Brian Mason confirmed to Global News.

Officials say this is standard procedure any time a commercial carrier is involved in a significant or high-profile incident that poses a high risk to the public.

It is still too early to speculate on the cause of the collision, a government source said. RCMP officials wouldn’t comment on the investigation as it was still underway.

....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2018 at 12:11 AM, kelownabomberfan said:

Just disgusting.  This person is beyond horrible.

OMG, what a ******* horrible person he/she is.  I read the tweets and many more and all this person does is bend the words of what everyone says to them.  What an awful person to use this tragedy to push their agenda.  That's not even a human comment.  That's the comment of a monster that is trying to make the world a worse place to live in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

OMG, what a ******* horrible person he/she is.  I read the tweets and many more and all this person does is bend the words of what everyone says to them.  What an awful person to use this tragedy to push their agenda.  That's not even a human comment.  That's the comment of a monster that is trying to make the world a worse place to live in.

Agreed. 

The tragedy has struck home because almost everyone can relate to the situation and feel for the families and the community. 

Almost everyone can remember a time, traveling on a bus, headed to an game or event. Whether it was with your schoolmates, your team, your band... it's just so personal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Statement from Maclean’s

 

 

by Maclean's

Apr 12, 2018

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

We’d like to clarify that, contrary to misinformation being spread on social media, Nora Loreto has never been an employee of Maclean’s. She is a freelance writer who published one article on our website a few months ago. We had nothing to do with her extraordinarily inappropriate tweet regarding the Humboldt tragedy. We will have nothing else to say on this matter at the current time because we do not wish to distract from the tributes and grief being expressed on behalf of the victims of the accident, nor do we wish to feed into the torrent of abuse that Ms. Loreto has been subjected to since publishing her tweet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully, that's the end of her career doing whatever the hell it is she does... Writing and tweeting trash. What a disgusting excuse of a human being with a lot of self-hatred flowing through those pasty veins. Honestly, I think she tweeted what she did to make herself feel relevant.

This rebuttal by Adrienne Batra hits the nail on the head, IMO: http://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/batra-social-justice-warrior-misses-the-boat-on-humbold

And in particular, this line: "No one with a good heart is looking at this loss of life in Saskatchewan through the lens of race or gender because this loss goes beyond race, gender and politics."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Hopefully, that's the end of her career doing whatever the hell it is she does... Writing and tweeting trash. What a disgusting excuse of a human being with a lot of self-hatred flowing through those pasty veins. Honestly, I think she tweeted what she did to make herself feel relevant.

This rebuttal by Adrienne Batra hits the nail on the head, IMO: http://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/batra-social-justice-warrior-misses-the-boat-on-humbold

And in particular, this line: "No one with a good heart is looking at this loss of life in Saskatchewan through the lens of race or gender because this loss goes beyond race, gender and politics."

Exactly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's been three months but someone's paying for this

CBC Saskatchewan says: The driver of the semi involved in the crash, Jaskirat Sidhu, 29, faces several charges and is in police custody

Edited by iHeart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×