Game 81 : Hotlanta @ Mylanta

27 minutes ago, Floyd said:

He is... but I’m pretty sick of this ‘franchise history’ thing too - it disrespects Jets history

Bender's sarcasm aside, if he feels that strongly, he should ask a reporter to do a story..oh wait, he IS a reporter!  He could do a story about the goofy franchise thing, get comments from True North and the NHL, show fans what other leagues do (they leave the history in the city when they move) etc.

The big missed opportunity was when the Coyotes were sold and changed to Arizona - should have had a "history celebration" where they have the Jets back their history and celebrated the Coyotes as beginning when they moved from Winnipeg.  Sort of getting rid of the "curse" of the Jets.  I mean, i guess it doesnt really matter.  A lot of media include both when talking history - franchise records and Jets records.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Bender's sarcasm aside, if he feels that strongly, he should ask a reporter to do a story..oh wait, he IS a reporter!  He could do a story about the goofy franchise thing, get comments from True North and the NHL, show fans what other leagues do (they leave the history in the city when they move) etc.

The big missed opportunity was when the Coyotes were sold and changed to Arizona - should have had a "history celebration" where they have the Jets back their history and celebrated the Coyotes as beginning when they moved from Winnipeg.  Sort of getting rid of the "curse" of the Jets.  I mean, i guess it doesnt really matter.  A lot of media include both when talking history - franchise records and Jets records.

Good point. You change the name you end the franchise. Last I heard tho. 9 and 25 were in the rafters.

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

That's absurd. How does celebrating the history of the previous Jets franchise disrespect anything?

Talking about franchise records instead of Jets records.

Its gross to see Selanne as Coyote's franchise goal record holder and Hawerchuk as their career hat trick leader...  same as this Kovalchuk Jets stuff...

4 hours ago, Atomic said:

There's really nothing that can be done about it.  The Coyotes used to be the Jets and the Jets used to be the Thrashers.  There's nothing True North or TSN or the NHL can do to change the past and make people stop talking about it.

Espcially when records are tied to franchises. Current Jets franchise started in Atlanta.

City records are another thing.

Stop getting bent out of shape over nothing. 

You can take away our original franchise but you cant take away the memories. Yes Teemu is technically the Coyotes leading rookie scorer... But... We all know he never played for them and those accomplishments all happened in Winnipeg. Personally i think its all good to honor the history of pro hockey in Winnipeg... But... The current Jets history in Winnipeg starts in 2011 not in the 70s. 

Edited by Goalie

6 hours ago, Atomic said:

There's really nothing that can be done about it.  The Coyotes used to be the Jets and the Jets used to be the Thrashers.  There's nothing True North or TSN or the NHL can do to change the past and make people stop talking about it.

The nhl could. There is a reason the nhl keeps team names and logos rather then letting them go with the relocated team. 

It was just not a thing until the jets came back. The other franchises that moved were around a long time so they have so much more history now. 

Since jets 2.0 is so new the bulk of records are thrashers. That will change. 

56 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The nhl could. There is a reason the nhl keeps team names and logos rather then letting them go with the relocated team. 

It was just not a thing until the jets came back. The other franchises that moved were around a long time so they have so much more history now. 

After this season only couple left. I think they're all Kovalchuks. 

11 hours ago, Floyd said:

Talking about franchise records instead of Jets records.

Its gross to see Selanne as Coyote's franchise goal record holder and Hawerchuk as their career hat trick leader...  same as this Kovalchuk Jets stuff...

I've been to a Coyotes home game. What's gross is seeing all the names of old Jets in their ring of honor. Those fans don't know who Thomas Steen is. Why would they.

8 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah?  You think the NHL making some decree would stop every smartass on Twitter from saying "well that's actually a Phoenix/Atlanta record..."?