Will we be better or worse?

BigBlue

11 hours ago, JCon said:

Zach Collaros got 4 votes that he will be the league MOP. What. A. Joke. 

Someone voted the Als as GC favourites

The collective media is stupid. 

Not that I was taking it seriously in the first place... but as soon as I saw that, I knew it was a complete joke...

I'm sure all 7-8 writers in Regina/Saskatoon gave their warped votes which skewed things..so really these polls are dumb

The ones that are the most realistic and hold weight are the ones voted on by the players themselves..(which we took home most spots) and the G.M and Coach opinions around the league.

Plus when a city has a putz like Friesen who could vote..and most likely would vote against Winnipeg due to his personal agenda's...well it tells you all you need to know about media polls

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'm sure all 7-8 writers in Regina/Saskatoon gave their warped votes which skewed things..so really these polls are dumb

The ones that are the most realistic and hold weight are the ones voted on by the players themselves..(which we took home most spots) and the G.M and Coach opinions around the league.

Plus when a city has a putz like Friesen who could vote..and most likely would vote against Winnipeg due to his personal agenda's...well it tells you all you need to know about media polls

I wonder if Plug Wiecek got in a vote, too.

Really, though... Who the hell cares. These polls mean exactly SFA.

This poll is great IMHO. The Bombers seem to perform their best when they have something to prove. A chip on the shoulder goes a long way in sports. This is certainly fuel for this group of players and I hope each and every one of them had a chance to see what the media thinks of them. Look at how fired up we are lol!

On 2018-05-22 at 8:16 PM, USABomberfan said:

I fear he may not be.  I won't say I'm bummed about letting Davis go, but the fact that Ottawa brought him over and thinks he still might get it is pretty telling.  He did look a little slow making some of his passes and took a few unnecessary sacks, but our receiving corps was also decimated so that may have had something to do with it as well.

I think he should have gotten all of that game against BC and the last one against Calgary to get one more shot to redeem himself.  It was a waste of time to play LeFevour since he was gonna get axed once the season was over anyway.

I didn't like what I saw out of Ross when he was spelling off Jennings.  Course he was kinda just thrown in there and told to make that team go with little time to learn the ropes, but Buono obviously saw enough of that.  I'm kinda leaning towards Streveler.  Guy is young but seemed to have some decent numbers in college and has a clean slate coming here.

Hooaahhh ... Looks like my hunch was right.

more votes for the Bombers winning the Grey Cup than winning the West....  and the one comment of Harris getting more receptions than last year.  If that's the case, then we won't be better.   They were so heavily reliant on dumping the ball off to Harris last season.  If they're not going to utilize their weapons downfield, and use Harris more as a decoy to hold the linebackers closer, they're going to fail.    Polls mean nothing.... the "experts" have nothing but opinions.   Look how many predicted horribly for the NHL this season.

2 hours ago, trueBlue83 said:

more votes for the Bombers winning the Grey Cup than winning the West....  and the one comment of Harris getting more receptions than last year.  If that's the case, then we won't be better.   They were so heavily reliant on dumping the ball off to Harris last season.  If they're not going to utilize their weapons downfield, and use Harris more as a decoy to hold the linebackers closer, they're going to fail.    Polls mean nothing.... the "experts" have nothing but opinions.   Look how many predicted horribly for the NHL this season.

Our WR corps was troubled after Thorpe got cut plus Adams being gone in the second half of the season and Dressler also missing time.  I expect we'll have a lot more options down the field this season with Bowman in our lineup, and I'd bet Lapolice has a plan not to wear Harris out too much.