2018 CFL Draft

Floyd

Wouldn't mind Korte in the first, but I can't see us taking Dubois. I do agree we'd take Bo Banner there ... or even Beaulieu. 

I don't see Simonise going in the first ... not after his combine. Also can't see Rutherford/Hunter going so early either, unless they're not futures but then in that case, you could argue they could go top 3. Also, where is Cibasu on his board? 

The way I see it shaking out as of right now would like ... Chapman to MTL, Shepley to HAM, Korte to BC, Onyeka to OTT and then who knows. 

25 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I mean does anyone know anything about that receiver...? Or Loiselle... 

On pure guessing power I would suspect they are either hurt, or NI paper work problems and possible supp draft guys. Or they arent interesting in pursuing football. 

Loiselle looks to have had another injury riddled year.  Still 28 tackles 6.5 tfl. He was on the the combine list, but didnt seem to be in attendance. He did attend his teams pro day however. 

https://www.wagnerathletics.com/news/2018/3/28/football-wagner-pro-day-recap.aspx

http://3downnation.com/2018/03/01/cfl-releases-national-combine-list/

https://www.wagnerathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8707

See in the pro day stuff that they are saying loiselle will be in attendance at the cfl combine and is a top prospect here, but it was two days after the combine ended up here. Maybe they didnt understand when it was? Also saw some thing about him being in their finance department at wagner in cryptocurency. 

It looks like brayden lenius left the program to transfer, didnt seem to get a lot of usage in 17. 

Edited by wbbfan

7 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Wasn't Montreal O line horrible last few seasons? And their Canadian guys are old, or gone, I think.

Wouldn't they be better off taking the top O lineman... ?

Imo unless you have a system changing ratio breaker at another position OL is the way to go for a team like mtl. Best case scenario, trade down for multiple picks. But its mtl. They are in full on joe mack mode, do what ever they want. 

47 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Wasn't Montreal O line horrible last few seasons? And their Canadian guys are old, or gone, I think.

Wouldn't they be better off taking the top O lineman... ?

Canadian starter is a Canadian starter.  Chapman is going to be one of the most players in this draft.  There's not many OL who are going to play right away, both for NFL and needing time to develop.  I think Shepley might be the only one but he could hit the NFL too.  Pickett and Justin Lawrence are a couple who could play earlier too as centres.

6 hours ago, James said:

Wow... dubois has horrible 3 cone and shuttle times... his 40 is decent for a guy his size though...

I see Dubois ending up as a H-back type guy.  I was surprised he didn't/or maybe he wasn't asked to take part in the pass pro drills with the running backs.

I think the Bombers grab a receiver or DB in the first round and pick up a developmental OL in the 2nd.  Only way they take an OL is if Shepley or Korte fall.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

For all our talk, here is John Hodge's 2017, post NFL CFL mock draft. Big hint, he got the first selection correct.

http://3downnation.com/2017/05/02/post-nfl-draft-cfl-mock-draft/

To be fair, his mock draft makes a lot more sense now than the actual draft...  and he's right about Schram over Gray...

Augustine is his only real flop...   Mulumba and Boateng should have been early picks - every GM over-thought those picks

That is just the way drafts go.  The NFL draft is the biggest sports related event in April again this year, and mock-drafts are an industry.  They will be starting the 4th round and there will still be players available from everyone's "top 50 players".  Agents, colleges and players put out all kinds of information leading up the draft, some of it may even be true.  Teams will "leak" inside information that is meant to be complete smoke screens.  It is crazy how many of the players drafted will say that their new team showed no interest in them leading up to the draft.  

Another problem with the CFL draft is the wildcard about NFL interest.  That speculation will move players up and down entire rounds.  No way do the Bombers take Faith last year if that wasn't a concern with other eligible players.

That said, mock drafts are fun to read and discuss. 

If anyone (I'm sure this is probably mostly for Floyd) is wondering where Brayden Lenius went, it's because he changed his last name. He's Brayden Dickey now.

RA's baby boy.

I think his senior season was pushed back a year and he transferred to Portland State who recruited him as a TE but he apparently is no longer with them either?

6 hours ago, Mike said:

If anyone (I'm sure this is probably mostly for Floyd) is wondering where Brayden Lenius went, it's because he changed his last name. He's Brayden Dickey now.

RA's baby boy.

I think his senior season was pushed back a year and he transferred to Portland State who recruited him as a TE but he apparently is no longer with them either?

Soooo....you're saying he's a bit dickey now?

5 hours ago, Mike said:

RA's baby boy.

0: Ra dickeys son is canadian? thats pretty neat. even though i loathe that RA dickey deal soo much. 

47 minutes ago, tracker said:

Soooo....you're saying he's a bit dickey now?

hes a tricky dickey.

Mock 2.0 from Fergusson https://www.cfl.ca/2018/04/05/mock-2-0-shepley-jumps-charts/

He got the Bombers picking:

7. REC Petermann
16. REC Dubois
26. DL Wade 
33. REC Del Brocco 
41. REC Dufour 
49. LB Poulin 
58. RB Taylor 
67. DL Henry 

I dont what Fergusson is cracking... but 4 Receivers  :huh: is a total waste of picks. I would bet Walters pick an OL within his first 2 picks.

I think he's fixated in the Riders picking Simonise. :D

Edited by M.O.A.B.