Game 74 : Disneyland @ Tinkertown

g4ntXyfC_bigger.jpg Ken Wiebe @WiebeSunSports 4m4 minutes ago

It all depends on how Laine feels later this afternoon. For what it’s worth, no noticeable limp for Laine when walking out of the locker room, though the ankle always feels better in the boot of the skate in situations like this

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

#NHLJets F Patrik Laine hasn’t ruled out playing tonight. Says he is feeling much better. Made it abundantly clear the chase for the Rocket Richard Trophy has nothing to do with when he might be back in the lineup

4 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

g4ntXyfC_bigger.jpg Ken Wiebe @WiebeSunSports 4m4 minutes ago

It all depends on how Laine feels later this afternoon. For what it’s worth, no noticeable limp for Laine when walking out of the locker room, though the ankle always feels better in the boot of the skate in situations like this

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

#NHLJets F Patrik Laine hasn’t ruled out playing tonight. Says he is feeling much better. Made it abundantly clear the chase for the Rocket Richard Trophy has nothing to do with when he might be back in the lineup

And he also made clear that him shooting cortisone on the bench is purely coincidental.

There is a way better joke in there somewhere but  this is all I could think of.  :)

Paul FriesenVerified account @friesensunmedia 1h1 hour ago

Paul Maurice, on how #NHLJets Patrik Laine pleaded his case to play tonight: "He goes out at 9 a.m., skates for two minutes and says, 'I can play tonight.' I say, 'Fine, but you're taking our morning skate...' " 1/3

Maurice, cont'd, on how Laine pleaded his case for tonight (2/3): "So he goes back out there, skates faster than he has all year so everybody knows that he can play. And then he skates off the ice, walks into my office and says, 'I can play.'"...

Maurice (3/3) on Laine today: "And I said, 'Fine. You prepare like you're gonna play. We're gonna give it the afternoon and make sure nothing changes.'" #NHLJets.

Got to love this kid.

16 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Paul Maurice, on how #NHLJets Patrik Laine pleaded his case to play tonight: "He goes out at 9 a.m., skates for two minutes and says, 'I can play tonight.' I say, 'Fine, but you're taking our morning skate...' " 1/3

Maurice, cont'd, on how Laine pleaded his case for tonight (2/3): "So he goes back out there, skates faster than he has all year so everybody knows that he can play. And then he skates off the ice, walks into my office and says, 'I can play.'"...

Maurice (3/3) on Laine today: "And I said, 'Fine. You prepare like you're gonna play. We're gonna give it the afternoon and make sure nothing changes.'" #NHLJets.

Got to love this kid.

How can you not love him! 

He's a character and he has character.