Game 73 : Melrose Avenue @ Melrose Coffee

The fans' stages of Laine grief:

Stage 1: Laine blocks a shot appears to be in discomfort:

tenor.gif

Stage 2: Replay of the shot in slo-mo:

sam-dean-wincing.gif?w=604 

Stage 3:  Broadcaster says Laine being helped off the bench to the dressing room:

1B-Apple.gif.aspx

Stage 4: Camera cuts to Laine being carried to dressing room, putting zero weight on his left foot:

giphy.gif

Stage 5: Laine does not return for the period, no updates forthcoming:

200.gif raw giphy.gif giphy.gif

Stage 6: Announced that Laine will not return tonight:

giphy.gif

Stage 7: all 3rd period:

raw giphy.gif raw tumblr_mba5psXab41r4t7nto1_250.gif

Stage 8: Post-game waiting for news:

2017-11-27.003.gif

Stage 9: Maurice declares "We think he's going to be fine"

raw

Stage 10: Then  Maurice cracks a joke about it:

im-fine.gif

Stage 11: We await his appearance at the next practice:

giphy.gif

TBA - Stage 12 (version A): It's not going to be fine:

you-lied-to-me-1440618254.gif

TBA Stage 12 (version B): Laine returns to the ice:

giphy.gif giphy.gif giphy.gif

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

I just feel bad for Comrie's parents.  How do they go outside and face the neighbours after a showing like that?  Even if the local grocer delivers, can you trust that he won't just fling the milk and eggs at the front door in disgust?

7 minutes ago, mbrg said:

I just feel bad for Comrie's parents.  How do they go outside and face the neighbours after a showing like that?  Even if the local grocer delivers, can you trust that he won't just fling the milk and eggs at the front door in disgust?

Sometimes I wonder who you're talking to... ha

16 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Domination. If not for Campbell its 6 or 7 1. 

This was a game I was worried about.  LA should have been inspired to put the Jets away, Jets had their rookie back up playing, key injuries...seemed like the perfect recipe for a poor game by the Jets.  But, as it turns out, the Jets are good.  Very good.

32 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

This was a game I was worried about.  LA should have been inspired to put the Jets away, Jets had their rookie back up playing, key injuries...seemed like the perfect recipe for a poor game by the Jets.  But, as it turns out, the Jets are good.  Very good.

Surprised we won. After that shot from the grassy knoll I thought the team would go into full mourning mode. Then when we went into overtime well our record in that .

40 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Back to back games for LA including overtime the night before.  They were gassed.

50 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Back to back games for LA including overtime the night before.  They were gassed.

They're a team I dont want to meet in the playoffs but last night gave me more reason for hope.  Maybe it's so many years of disappointment but its hard to be optimistic until the Jets actually win in the playoffs.  But man, they're good.