Game 73 : Melrose Avenue @ Melrose Coffee

cut.jpeg

Time : Tuesday 7, TSN3

Stats : Jets 43-19-10 , Kings 39-27-6

Streaks : Jets W2, Kings L1

Game Story : With their next win the Jets will set a franchise(and just plain Jets) record for wins in a season.

With the playoffs now 10 games away it's time to bring back the playoff countdown clock.

T-10 Start automatic ground launch sequencer

2e7d9ab19a89c092e1323d0d0adef1f89bc94ee8

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

8 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

cut.jpeg

Time : Tuesday 7, TSN3

Stats : Jets 43-19-10 , Kings 39-27-6

Streaks : Jets W2, Kings L1

Game Story : With their next win the Jets will set a franchise record for wins in a season.

With the playoffs now 10 games away it's time to bring back the playoff countdown clock.

T-10 Start automatic ground launch sequencer

computer-nasa-old-bg.jpg

I pointed this out in a different thread but its worth repeating given your Game Story and I find it to be an odd coincidence.

We like to argue the importance of "franchise" (ie. Thrashers) records vs "Jets" (ie. Version 1.0) record. 

Well the win record is 43 in a season set 3 times...1 by Jets 1.0, 1 by Jets 2.0 and 1 by Thrashers.  Weird.  But we are poised to shatter it.

8 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

How do we feel about Comrie starting?  I've been on record as wanting to get Helle more rest, and I know Comrie is the only option right now, but for some reason, I don't have a lot of confidence in him.

I think it is the right decision to play Comrie tonight.   We need to get Helle some days off, and get him primed up for the playoffs.  We're in the middle of a six game home stand, so it's the right time to do it.

It is unfortunate that both Hutch and Mason are injured, but it is what it is.   Our need to rest Helle > our need to win this one game.    Comrie still gives us a decent chance to win, but clearly not as strong as Helle.

Edited by Jaxon

23 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

How do we feel about Comrie starting?  I've been on record as wanting to get Helle more rest, and I know Comrie is the only option right now, but for some reason, I don't have a lot of confidence in him.

His AHL stats this year:

• GAA 
  • SV% 

33 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

It is what it is. You can't run Hellebuyck into the ground with the playoffs only a few weeks away and with injuries to Mason and Hutchinson, it's next man up in this case.

It's not an enviable situation for either Comrie or the rest of the team; the Kings usually play well here and they're fighting for the playoff lives. This will be a good test for Comrie, though.

We're locked into 2nd, unless something major happens. 

We're still trying to collect as many points as possible but start Comrie. 

We're preparing for the playoffs, which means we need to rest and cycle through the line-ups. 

20 minutes ago, JCon said:

For sure he is. He's not taking key face-offs or playing top minutes. I hope they can get him some rest and let him heal. 

why not even sit him and let Roslo or Dano get some ice time?  Let him heal up.  These last 10 games are a luxury, use them to get everyone rested up.  They are going to need it.

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

"He’s in concussion protocol and out indefinitely, though he was “feeling good” today "

Just means he's back for playoffs.

Done for the regular season, likely, Hopefully he can get back with a game or two to spare though. I would like to see him get his legs back under him again. It's really terrible timing for him. Not that it's ever good timing for an injury, especially a concussion. 

Comrie is not a great goalie.  I don't have much faith in him as a prospect anymore.  Just too many holes in his game and I suspect confidence is a real issue for him.  I expect 4+ goals against tonight if he starts.

That being said, Helle needs the rest down the stretch here because there is no way he comes out of the net once playoffs start.