Game 70 : Centennial Concert Hall @ Centennial Park

10 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I just heard Wheeler say Matthias played. Did anyone see him?

It was his first game in two months. He played 10 shifts for a total ice-time of 7:22, getting 1 SOG and winning 3/5 face-offs.

Edited by blue_gold_84
stats added

6 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Good effort, given everything the Jets had going against them. I love the way we forecheck. So much speed...

First 10 or so minutes aside, the Jets played pretty well. That first power play was putrid and maybe one of the worst I've ever seen.

I'm still amazed they kept as it close as they did considering who didn't play.

13 hours ago, Rich said:

Don't understand why you wouldn't play Hutch yesterday and save Hellebuyck for today.

Honestly if Hutch plays against Washington and Buck against Nashville, the results are probably swapped... blowout loss against WSH and OT against NSH.  Not sure it really matters at this point because we aren't catching Nashville for first.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Honestly if Hutch plays against Washington and Buck against Nashville, the results are probably swapped... blowout loss against WSH and OT against NSH.  Not sure it really matters at this point because we aren't catching Nashville for first.

I don't know about that. Until that disastrous first power play where the entire team just hit the rocks, Hutchinson had played pretty well. Prior the Jets going on that power play, the SOG were 12-0 for the Predators (IIRC).

I'm not making excuses for him but there's a ton of blame to go around on those two SH goals allowed in roughly half a minute.

13 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I don't know about that. Until that disastrous first power play where the entire team just hit the rocks, Hutchinson had played pretty well. Prior the Jets going on that power play, the SOG were 12-0 for the Predators (IIRC).

I'm not making excuses for him but there's a ton of blame to go around on those two SH goals allowed in roughly half a minute.

15 to 1 SOG when Hutch got yanked. Hutch played fine... Made some big saves but 2 SH Goals against sucks... He needs to stop at least 1 there. He didnt. Oh well lol

Edited by Goalie

25 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Yeah I'm not blaming Hutch, the team was dreadful to open the game.  But Helle probably only lets in one of the three.