Game 58 : Legal @ Illegal

I'd love to see this team starting rolling four lines... and yes I don't think Little has any chemistry with Laine - almost no one does though... so give Copp a shot

Laine and Ehlers look a bit overwhelmed by the season - both are scoring threats but both have made real bonehead plays lately

Without the Trouba-Morrissey pairing, this team looks eerily similar to the old Jets...  Scheif can't carry them every game

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

You can't run a team by saying "OK everyone give full effort and play according to the system, except you Laine, you're really good so don't worry about it."  It doesn't matter how good a shooter or passer he is... he has to play within the system and give 100%.  You can't have a princess on the team.

Uh no you build your team around your superstar. We go as far a Laine takes us....when Crosby slumps does the team make him a 4th liner?

9 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Uh no you build your team around your superstar. We go as far a Laine takes us....when Crosby slumps does the team make him a 4th liner?

Not an apt comparison. Crosby's a centre - and a complete one, at that. I get what you're saying but Laine does have to improve his game from a 200 ft. standpoint.

And the Jets don't go as Laine does. He was pretty lousy last night and the team gutted out a win despite his rough outing.

And is still on pace for 30 plus goals and 60 points ish. 

Laine isnt a line driver tho.. Neither is Little.. Ehlers can be.. 

ELL dont work because you have 3 goal scorers on it.. Little isnt a set up guy.. Perreault is.. Wheeler is... Scheif is... Thats why its beyond dumb to have PSW as a line.. They are all line drivers meaning they all generate O.. 

Spread them out.. Jets have potential to have 3 very strong scoring lines and a 4th or checking line.. Copp Lowry Armia

Putting PSW together = we have 1 good line and 3 not so good

Its no coincidence the game turned yesterday when they put Perreault with Little and Connor with Scheif. 

Edited by Goalie

37 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Dumbest reply I've read......

Jets Superstars are Scheif Wheeler and Buff. 

Laine is a 19 yr old. Hes got potential but hes not there yet. 

Argument could be made for Helle also cuz without Helle we suck

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

I'd love to see this team starting rolling four lines... and yes I don't think Little has any chemistry with Laine - almost no one does though... so give Copp a shot

Laine and Ehlers look a bit overwhelmed by the season - both are scoring threats but both have made real bonehead plays lately

Without the Trouba-Morrissey pairing, this team looks eerily similar to the old Jets...  Scheif can't carry them every game

As I don't get to watch the Jets on TSN3 and get to stare at my phone updating the score but the games I do get to watch on tv, don't the jets usually run four lines as the game dictates?

2 hours ago, bb1 said:

Any line with Crosby isn't a 4th line. Last game he was skating with Zach Aston-Reese & Bryan Rust and he still had three points. He makes players around him better. Laine certainly isn't at that level yet.

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

Sophomore slump ,   almost all athletes experience this.   I would not be concerned at all. 

The biggest reason I'm unworried is his past offseason.  Took tons of time off, barely skated.  Understandable after the previous 12 months he had.

This offseason you have to assume his #1 goal is to get faster.  And if when he does, league better look out. 

8 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Wheeler and Scheif are both better than Laine right now. I'm not sure how anybody could disagree with that.

We don't have a superstar right now but Laine is the one with the potential to be one. Who is the one player you want to see unleash his shot?  Sheif and Wheeler how good were they at 19? Were they leading their NHL teams in goals? Do they posses a shot better than 99% of the league? Is the power play arranged to get them the puck?  Laine is our best sniper and needs that top level center to feed him and that ain't Copp......or Little.