2018 Winter Olympics

Rich

19 hours ago, 17to85 said:

as for the mens hockey team, who gives a ****? **** the IOC, IIHF and NHL for being greedy money grubbing pricks. Much more interested in women's hockey than men's because without the best players it means nothing. Rob Klinkhammer is on the team for god's sake! Let that sink in, Klinkhammer is an olympic hockey player. You know how I know it's gonna be bad bad hockey?

Waaah, the NHL players don't get to play.  Who cares?  Geez you sound whiny a lot.

2 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Waaah, the NHL players don't get to play.  Who cares?  Geez you sound whiny a lot.

No that's not what I'm saying, I clearly said it, **** all those organizations for being so money hungry that they couldn't get the best into the Olympics despite everyone wanting them there. It's basically a glorified Spengler Cup at this point. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

No that's not what I'm saying, I clearly said it, **** all those organizations for being so money hungry that they couldn't get the best into the Olympics despite everyone wanting them there. It's basically a glorified Spengler Cup at this point. 

But who cares if they're in it or not?  I actually prefer seeing the amateur's play rather then the pro's.

1 hour ago, Logan007 said:

But who cares if they're in it or not?  I actually prefer seeing the amateur's play rather then the pro's.

but they're not amateurs, they're all playing professional hockey in europe and a bunch of them are NHL washouts.... we sent a bunch of CHL players then I'd have interest. The whole men's tournament to me is tainted simply because of the blatant money grubbing by the NHL, IOC and IIHF. 

1 hour ago, Logan007 said:

I would rather watch real amateurs too, but I guess it's tricky, cause for instance the best snowboarders make a lot of money.

2 hours ago, Logan007 said:

Who in the Olympics is an amateur?

Olympics is about the best athletes in their discipline competing. We're getting third (fourth?) rate, Spengler Cup action.

The Canada v Korea men's hockey game this morning was entertaining... fast skating, good  passing, lots of shots on goal, some good saves. 

There wasn't much  contact.

The Koreans do not have much power/ velocity on their shots.

And it must be a little strange for the Canadian and American guys playing against their own country.

26 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

**** Homan but it's embarrassing to the program. Jennifer Jones was there watching her husband, shoulda just asked her to step in and show her how it's done. 

She coulda played in jeans and street shoes and made playoffs with 3 others found in the Patch.... 

4 minutes ago, Noeller said:

She coulda played in jeans and street shoes and made playoffs with 3 others found in the Patch.... 

She wouldn't need the 3 others. They could have stayed in the Patch and collected their medals at the end.

What would Jennifer Jones do if she were here right now? I'd bet she kick a (butt) or two, that's what Jennifer Jones would do!

On the curling topic, I'm honestly most excited about Kerri Einarson's new team for next year, with Val Sweeting at 3rd, Shannon Birchard at 2nd and Breanne Meilleur at lead. All are skips so I'm not sure how sweeping is gonna go, but on paper that's the best team on tour next year, possibly.... 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

On the curling topic, I'm honestly most excited about Kerri Einarson's new team for next year, with Val Sweeting at 3rd, Shannon Birchard at 2nd and Breanne Meilleur at lead. All are skips so I'm not sure how sweeping is gonna go, but on paper that's the best team on tour next year, possibly.... 

I'm always interested when a bunch of skips get together. Will it work? Time will tell but as a former skip myself, I would have a hard time relinquishing that control.

Good for them and good luck!

3 hours ago, JCon said:

I'm always interested when a bunch of skips get together. Will it work? Time will tell but as a former skip myself, I would have a hard time relinquishing that control.

Good for them and good luck!

See I never understood when curlers refer to themselves by a position... to me a curler is a curler and they can play anywhere in the lineup. If someone is too controlling to not call the shots then that's a flaw as a player (and I know because that was me when I was younger and less laid back)

25 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

See I never understood when curlers refer to themselves by a position... to me a curler is a curler and they can play anywhere in the lineup. If someone is too controlling to not call the shots then that's a flaw as a player (and I know because that was me when I was younger and less laid back)

ha!

42 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

There are different roles. Certainly, I could have played any position but I preferred being skip. I played all positions and encouraged feedback. But when the game was on the line, I liked having the rock in my hand.

Edited by JCon