2018 Winter Olympics

Rich

4 hours ago, iHeart said:

oh well we got a medal in that event anyway and considering that we've medal'd ever since Women's olympic hockey was introduced, we're still good, we have something to prove in 2022

There's really only two teams that compete for gold and silver.

Granted, Canada and the US continually get better but at what point are the other teams going to get close?

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎13 at 12:50 PM, 17to85 said:

as for the mens hockey team, who gives a ****? **** the IOC, IIHF and NHL for being greedy money grubbing pricks. Much more interested in women's hockey than men's because without the best players it means nothing. Rob Klinkhammer is on the team for god's sake! Let that sink in, Klinkhammer is an olympic hockey player. You know how I know it's gonna be bad bad hockey?

I don't fault the NHL for protecting their investments.  I haven't seen the ratings, but viewership must be down for Men's hockey at the Olympics.  The NHL can dictate whatever they want, they own those players.

You have the World Cup to see them all in.  Having NHL at the Olympics and the World Cup just dilutes it all.  We see these players for most of the year playing anyways.

Edited by basslicker

1 hour ago, basslicker said:

I don't fault the NHL for protecting their investments.  I haven't seen the ratings, but viewership must be down for Men's hockey at the Olympics.  The NHL can dictate whatever they want, they own those players.

You have the World Cup to see them all in.  Having NHL at the Olympics and the World Cup just dilutes it all.  We see these players for most of the year playing anyways.

You will notice that I didn't just blame the NHL though, I put blame on the IOC and IIHF as well. They were all greedy money grubbing assholes and as fans we have all suffered. 

Now I have no doubts that the ratings are down for mens hockey, that's what happens when the game all happen in the middle of the night. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

You will notice that I didn't just blame the NHL though, I put blame on the IOC and IIHF as well. They were all greedy money grubbing assholes and as fans we have all suffered. 

Now I have no doubts that the ratings are down for mens hockey, that's what happens when the game all happen in the middle of the night. 

I agree, greed on all sides.

2 hours ago, basslicker said:

I am still hoping that the Men's hockey will surprise me here

and as for Men's curling, well we can't win it every year.

12 hours ago, bustamente said:

How about Norway a country with just over 5 million people, 39 medals well done

That's what happens when there's approximately a million skiing events. Does Norway have cars and roads? I thought everyone just used their skiis to get everywhere. 

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:59 AM, 17to85 said:

That's what happens when there's approximately a million skiing events. Does Norway have cars and roads? I thought everyone just used their skiis to get everywhere. 

yeah I don't think I saw Norway win one medal all Olympics because they barely competed in any of the sports that Canada was good at.  So weird.  Exception might have been a few of the skiing events.