Game 54 : Coyote Ugly @ Coyote's Nite Club

Will never understand maurice’s Overuse of vets in games like this...  wheeler needs a rest badly

buff on PP for four mins...?

liked Petans game, Dano and Lemieux were ok

roslo looked real good, think Connor is wasted on checking line

like our pk forwards...

Next game id like to see

Lemieux-copp-Armia 

Connor-Petan-Dano 

Refs prematurely called icing a few times on the Jets tonight....

I thought Chiarot and Kulikov were really good tonight.  

Petan is way to small to do any real damage in the NHL,   took two bad penalties because of it.   

Dano had 2 shots that if they were only an inch closer they would of went in... snake bit.   

Wheeler looked gassed again... needs less minutes. 

18 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Refs prematurely called icing a few times on the Jets tonight....

I thought Chiarot and Kulikov were really good tonight.  

Petan is way to small to do any real damage in the NHL,   took two bad penalties because of it.   

Dano had 2 shots that if they were only an inch closer they would of went in... snake bit.   

Wheeler looked gassed again... needs less minutes. 

So Petan scored a muckers goal... but he's no good... and Dano missed twice... but is just snake bit...

Petan's game is very similar to Tanev's imo...  except Petan is a set up guy and Tanev is, well, taller...

If we're playing two LHD together, put Enstrom and Chiarot together... minimize their minutes

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

So Petan scored a muckers goal... but he's no good... and Dano missed twice... but is just snake bit...

Petan's game is very similar to Tanev's imo...  except Petan is a set up guy and Tanev is, well, taller...

If we're playing two LHD together, put Enstrom and Chiarot together... minimize their minutes

The one goal of Petan doesn't off set the fact that he was pushed around easily and he ended up taking two crap penalties.   Lemieux also took a braindead penalty and didn't help his case.  

Dano did miss by a few inches twice,  had they went in the score would of been a much better representation of how the game went (well at least for the first 2 periods).  

I don't see any role for Petan on this club... trade him while you can still get something of value. 

53 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

4th line did themselves no favours taking bad penalties. That's not the way to stay with the big club. Lemieux's penalty caused a pp goal and took away the Jets' momentum.

I thought Chiarot played really well yesterday. Good, physical game and chipped in offensively.

Lemieux had a lousy game. Petan started well and his goal was nice but his two penalties were just dumb. I expected more from both of them.

2 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

I thought Chiarot played really well yesterday.

He seems to be playing very well generally, no giveaways, no penalties, gets the puck out of his own end well.

Maurice was right about him.

Seems like the Jets have  passed the maximum amount of injuries they can cover with backups.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

He seems to be playing very well generally, no giveaways, no penalties, gets the puck out of his own end well.

Seems like the Jets have  passed the maximum amount of injuries they can cover with backups.

Chiarot-Kulikov were on the ice for the first two goals...  

I feel like we're being a bit hard on the Jets...  the first half of that game was really good then they just went to sleep because its the Coyotes...

If Helle is on his game, its probably 4-1

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Lose Scheif or Lowry, they have the depth.  Both out at the same time?  Not going to work long -term.  I am concerned that Wheeler is going to have no gas left for the playoffs.

56 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Chiarot-Kulikov were on the ice for the first two goals...  

First goal was on Helle, weak wrist shot from the point that trickled in I would think that's not on Chiarot,

I don't know about the second.

I see sweep has answered re second goal.

Edited by Mark F

5 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Wheeler is 15th in the league among forwards for toi. Why have we decided he's too delicate to handle the workload Maurice is giving him?

Because of how hard he works when he's on the ice. So again stats can be deceptive, do the first fourteen drag themselves off the ice at the end of a shift like Wheeler does? A guy who is in very high level of physical condition.

His effort is amazing.

23 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Both of which were incredibly soft on Helle's part.

Yeah Helle's mind was not on this game at all...

I'm just saying I didn't see a big difference in Chiarot's game...  he still lags behind the play a bit - much better than last year though I'll say that

Want Myers-Kulikov back together asap...  Might as well put Morrissey with Buff again - M-M doesn't seem to have chemistry

I'd still rather see Poolman in a game like this... we know what Chiarot is already