Game 52 : Golden Nugget @ Golden Boy

37 minutes ago, Floyd said:

A. Perrault-Little-Ehlers is our first line

B.  What exactly does Roslo do... and I admit Laine was terrible

C. Connor-Wheeler-Laine at least scored

Laine Wheeler Roslo is actually. 

You know who scored this game? Our 4th line... Connor Hendricks Armia.. Only forwards with points. 

Wheeler was bad... 

Roslo was good but when your center is bad... Its gonna make u look bad also. 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Laine Wheeler Roslo is actually. 

You know who scored this game? Our 4th line... Connor Hendricks Armia.. Only forwards with points. 

Wheeler was bad... 

Roslo was good but when your center is bad... Its gonna make u look bad also. 

No usage and matchups - Laine Wheeler Roslo is actually our third line basically... PLE is def our top line

And I was talking Connor-Wheeler-Laine scoring in general compared to the new Roslo line... thought that was obvious

Team needs to find someone that has chemistry with Laine...  I think Armia is that guy

9 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

giphy.gif

Blake Wheeler - "Come on, (he) ******* breaks a stick over his head. That's not a goal. I don't care where the puck is."

How is that not a penalty...? This goaltender interference crap is unreal.

"And full marks to Enstrom on playing some really said defense there," said nobody ever.

10 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

How is that not a penalty...? This goaltender interference crap is unreal.

"And full marks to Enstrom on playing some really said defense there," said nobody ever.

It should have been called a penalty. Kind of Helle's fault for not flopping though. How can a ref simply pick up on a handed, stick-breaking slash across the head?!

Can't review the penalty though but why would they allow the goal to stand?

The day after always seems brighter, we are still in first place, nice long home stand,  Scheifele is back on the ice, Kulikov should play on Saturday.  Yes a very poor call on the ice last night and even worst review but we are no the only team that gets hard done by, good teams brush off these kind of things and keep winning.

25 minutes ago, bustamente said:

The day after always seems brighter, we are still in first place, nice long home stand,  Scheifele is back on the ice, Kulikov should play on Saturday.  Yes a very poor call on the ice last night and even worst review but we are no the only team that gets hard done by, good teams brush off these kind of things and keep winning.

I'd say the Jets kind of did that last night by salvaging a point late in the game to force OT.  A moral victory of sorts, if you will. Hell, if that second power play doesn't start off like utter shite, we could be celebrating a clean victory this morning for all we know.

Last night's controversial loss should temper this team with 8 more games coming up in the friendly confines of Bell MTS Place.

3 hours ago, JCon said:

It should have been called a penalty. Kind of Helle's fault for not flopping though. How can a ref simply pick up on a handed, stick-breaking slash across the head?!

Can't review the penalty though but why would they allow the goal to stand?

I guess that will be their response. Yes, its a slash but we cant call penalties in a review.

Laine has surpassed Buff in overtime cringeworthiness.

15 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I guess that will be their response. Yes, its a slash but we cant call penalties in a review.

Laine has surpassed Buff in overtime cringeworthiness.

That overtime was awful - every OT is just the Jets surviving until the shootout...

Buff-Wheeler... and Little?  Were just paralyzed and exhausted while Vegas looked fresh

45 minutes ago, Floyd said:

That overtime was awful - every OT is just the Jets surviving until the shootout...

Buff-Wheeler... and Little?  Were just paralyzed and exhausted while Vegas looked fresh

uh, no? we had 2 chances to win it.. both with the puck behind MAF, once Wheeler was tackled before he could shovel it in and the other one was just a bad break.. Its not like the Jet's are not getting chances in OT... they just can't catch a break.

28 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

uh, no? we had 2 chances to win it.. both with the puck behind MAF, once Wheeler was tackled before he could shovel it in and the other one was just a bad break.. Its not like the Jet's are not getting chances in OT... they just can't catch a break.

Yes. Strange to use last nights game as an example of bad OT play when the puck was behind MAF twice

23 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Yes. Strange to use last nights game as an example of bad OT play when the puck was behind MAF twice

Its more the tendency to run with vets in OT than anything else...  the Jets are always gassed halfway thru the period

Any shot at any time can win in OT, of course...  but a speed team SHOULD dominate a hack and hook team in OT - instead it was pretty even and then totally in LV favour

Westwood was making mention that Buff was on the ice for over 2 minutes in OT,  the other D men had less then a minute each and Buff was back out on the ice completely gassed at the end.    I do find the usage of Buff and Wheeler in OT as strange as they both always seem to be absolutely gassed.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Westwood was making mention that Buff was on the ice for over 2 minutes in OT,  the other D men had less then a minute each and Buff was back out on the ice completely gassed at the end.    I do find the usage of Buff and Wheeler in OT as strange as they both always seem to be absolutely gassed.

not sure why PaMa keeps putting Buff out in OT. He can't keep up and he always gets gassed almost immediately.  And it cost us a goal yesterday.  Just brutal.  That failed Buff solo rush that ended up in the shorty also was brutal.

13 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

not sure why PaMa keeps putting Buff out in OT. He can't keep up and he always gets gassed almost immediately.  And it cost us a goal yesterday.  Just brutal.  That failed Buff solo rush that ended up in the shorty also was brutal.

what led to the shorty was Wheeler dippity doing with the puck and getting knocked off and over the puck.. Not sure how a rush before hand that ended with the puck in our zone, on our best players stick... is the fault of Buff..