Game 51 : The Bay @ Eatons

2 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

WTF! I coulda sworn I saw Comrie called up, Hutch sent back down to take part in the AHL all-star game..

Philips was called up prior to the break.

Plan always seemed to be Hutch on Tuesday. People just couldn't believe it given his trip to Utica.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

So they re-called Comrie just to practice?  I assume thats due to contractual roster moves. Just moving pieces around.

Yes, they had the space, I guess. I didn't realize they called him up though? Did he practice today?

Hutch was down, Mason injured. That gives them two spots.

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

http://winnipegsun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/winnipeg-jets/hutchinson-getting-his-due

says here he will be in the AHL all-star game tonight, you think he will get a start tomorrow right after??  confuzzled.

That's what they've been saying. Yes, it does seem odd that he would go to Utica given this will be his first start. Where do you want to play, the AHL or NHL? 

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

That's what they've been saying. Yes, it does seem odd that he would go to Utica given this will be his first start. Where do you want to play, the AHL or NHL? 

well, I didn't really think it was his choice to be honest lol.  If I got an all-star nod, I'd go to that for sure.. then if they wanted me to play next day, I'd say sure to that as well lol..

so is he going to the all-star game tonight or no?   If so, will he not be burnt out by how many shots and saves he will be facing and making in said all-star festivities? 

weird weird situation regardless..

43 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

well, I didn't really think it was his choice to be honest lol.  If I got an all-star nod, I'd go to that for sure.. then if they wanted me to play next day, I'd say sure to that as well lol..

so is he going to the all-star game tonight or no?   If so, will he not be burnt out by how many shots and saves he will be facing and making in said all-star festivities? 

Well, if you're a goaltender that thinks he belongs in the NHL, as I hope all professional goalies do, you're about to become a UFA, and you've been offered your first start of the season, I would hope that you would pass on the AHL All-Star game. But, I can see the appeal and he certainly earned it. 

I bet he starts tonight. Player of the month for November and December. He has to be the MVP so far. 

Even if he only plays ten minutes, he still has to get back from Utica, travel all day tomorrow and start tomorrow night. 

As Ray Ferraro said, it's not like he's flying the plane. Which is funny but it can't be good. If he has a bad game, regardless of the reason, people will question what he was thinking going to the All-Star game. 

I'm hoping for the best, of course. 

55 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

In the 2018 AHL All-Star Challenge on Jan. 29, the four divisional teams(Hutch represents Central) will participate in a round-robin tournament featuring six games of 10 minutes each, played entirely at 3-on-3. The two teams with the best records at the end of the round-robin will face off for the championship, a six-minute game also played at 3-on-3.

So the most he could play tonight is 36min.

Still tough run from Syracuse to Winnipeg either way.

2320 last flight out of TO tonight.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Ppl read in to this stuff way 2 much. 

Comrie called up to practice since AHL on break and hes here in Wpg.. Its not like the moose are in St Johns.. They are down the hall.. 

Hutch to start tomorrow vs TBay... Comrie will be sent back down the hall. 

Injury to Helle? Why? Cuz they called up comrie to practice? Don't read 2 far in to any of this. Helle got the day off... Why? Cuz unlike the rest of the team... Him and Wheeler didnt get a break. 

Edited by Goalie

55 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Ppl read in to this stuff way 2 much. 

Comrie called up to practice since AHL on break and hes here in Wpg.. Its not like the moose are in St Johns.. They are down the hall.. 

Hutch to start tomorrow vs TBay... Comrie will be sent back down the hall. 

Injury to Helle? Why? Cuz they called up comrie to practice? Don't read 2 far in to any of this. Helle got the day off... Why? Cuz unlike the rest of the team... Him and Wheeler didnt get a break. 

You talk like all-star weekend is some iron man competition...  

Helle hasn't played a real game since Thursday - Hutch is playing tonight then flying and then playing the best team in the league...  makes zero sense.  

25 minutes ago, Floyd said:

You talk like all-star weekend is some iron man competition...  

Helle hasn't played a real game since Thursday - Hutch is playing tonight then flying and then playing the best team in the league...  makes zero sense.  

Hutch played in an exhibition game that doesnt matter. You talk about Maurice running Helle in to the ground but then when he gives him a rest you question the reasoning? Why? Wonder if Tbay plays Budaj. 

52 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Hutch better be lights out. Or we better score six goals. Gonna be tough with that D. 

Maurice said he had it on the schedule as a day off for Helle for a long time. I think even though he played the all star game Maurice felt like it was a chance to give Helle a mini vacation.  

He deserves it. Hes 80 percent of the reason why we are battling for 1st in our division.. I cant say first cuz we have played more games than Nashville. 

Tampa is missing their Franchise D man in Hedman also tho

Edited by Goalie