The MLB/Goldeyes Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

19 hours ago, bustamente said:

Manoah getting destroyed again tonight in the first, maybe time to send him down and let him try to figure it out

I'm thinking they need to do something. On the other hand, I am enjoying the meltdown. 

While he was getting lit up like a Christmas tree, my son was pitching the final three innings of a come-from-behind-victory. Ws all around for this Yankee fan yesterday! 

I heard Ryan Dempster make a good point with the major increase in innings last year he might have some arm fatigue that is causing some slight changes to his delivery. said the same thing happened to him one year where he 2as statistically worse pitcher in the league. Got a couple weeks to rest and was really good the rest of the year.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, bustamente said:

The Yankees have been scuttling since the Judge injury, but tonight Domingo German who's last 2 starts were pitiful pitches a perfect game 

What a great performance. Those last three outs seemed to take forever. 

• 5 weeks later...

giphy.gif

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/2023-mlb-trade-deadline-tracker-a-complete-list-of-all-transactions/

I guess Bo might be out for awhile.

Toronto Blue Jays receive:  SS Paul DeJong and cash considerations 
St. Louis Cardinals receive: RHP Matt Svanson
Quick Notes: With shortstop Bo Bichette injured, the Blue Jays grab a replacement in DeJong. DeJong ranks in the 97th percentile for outs above average. The 29-year-old has 13 homers and 32 RBI while hitting .233/.297/.412 for a Cardinals team that has played below expectations this year. Svanson, 24, has a 1.11 ERA in 32.1 innings of Class A ball this season. 

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

giphy.gif

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mlb/article/2023-mlb-trade-deadline-tracker-a-complete-list-of-all-transactions/

I guess Bo might be out for awhile.

Toronto Blue Jays receive:  SS Paul DeJong and cash considerations 
St. Louis Cardinals receive: RHP Matt Svanson
Quick Notes: With shortstop Bo Bichette injured, the Blue Jays grab a replacement in DeJong. DeJong ranks in the 97th percentile for outs above average. The 29-year-old has 13 homers and 32 RBI while hitting .233/.297/.412 for a Cardinals team that has played below expectations this year. Svanson, 24, has a 1.11 ERA in 32.1 innings of Class A ball this season. 

Bichette's parents were obviously Star Wars big fans.

• 2 weeks later...