The MLB/Goldeyes Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Apparently they were trying to get Verlander yesterday after re-signing Barrios and were in contention, so they seem to be willing to spend. Maybe they can re-up Ray. 

They were in on Verlander, as were the Red Sox and Yankees. Seems like LOTS of teams were in for him. 

I wouldn't spend $50M (over 2 years ) on a 39 year old pitcher coming off Tommy John, who hasn't pitched in almost 2 years (by the time training camp starts). 

But, sounds like the Astros owner stepped in. I bet he also steps in and keeps Correa. We'll see though as the consensus was that he was going to be a Tiger. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I will take Ray. We can use a lefty that gets strike outs. His issue has been control and it's been an issue since he changed his pitching style a few years ago. He'll be fine with control now that he's gone back to his old release. 

You don't need to replace all of those HRs and RBIs. You have Biggio who can play 2nd or 3rd. And, Semien doesn't want to play 2nd, he wants to play SS. So, he'll sign somewhere that will at least give him that chance (for a year or two). 

Jays need starting pitching, which means you can't spend over the top for middle infielders. It does sound like the richest team in baseball will finally spend. They locked up Berrios on a pretty good deal. 

Not sold on Biggio anyways I hope the Blue Jays implode this year

23 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Not sold on Biggio anyways I hope the Blue Jays implode this year

I hope the BJs do well enough to finish 2nd in the AL East. I have a son who loves them and is devastated when they lose. 

I'm not sold on Biggio either, BTW. He's my son's favourite, so I put a smile on when he speaks about him. My son saw him hit his first career home run at Skydome and I'm sure that cemented his fandom. 

Edited by JCon

3 hours ago, JCon said:

I hope the BJs do well enough to finish 2nd in the AL East. I have a son who loves them and is devastated when they lose. 

I'm not sold on Biggio either, BTW. He's my son's favourite, so I put a smile on when he speaks about him. My son saw him hit his first career home run at Skydome and I'm sure that cemented his fandom. 

Biggio was hurt all last year from start to finish. Should be better he will never have that great of a BA but his eye at the plate is really good and will have a very good OBP has decent power and can play any position on the diamond out of pitcher.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Don't look now, but the Jays are building one of the best teams in the majors. Matt Chapman today via trade and they're working on more. Already have one of the best starting rotations in the AL, and now the infield is coming together.