The MLB/Goldeyes Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

14 hours ago, bustamente said:

Rogers is going to have to open their wallets to keep Ray and Simeon and they have a whole bunch of Arb 2 and Arb 3 players, Springer will never be healthy enough to warrant that contract

Richest team in baseball could spend some money this year but I doubt they'll spend big. They won't get Simeon, as he wants to play SS. Ray is going to be tough unless you're giving him a long term deal. 

Tomorrow night, the playoffs begin. Go Yankees!

6 hours ago, JCon said:

Richest team in baseball could spend some money this year but I doubt they'll spend big. They won't get Simeon, as he wants to play SS. Ray is going to be tough unless you're giving him a long term deal. 

Beating Boston and knocking them out in Boston would be sweet, they just don't match up well with the Rays, as for Simeon he could play SS for the Yankees as Gleybor will be a 2nd baseman going forward but I think they will be looking at several others that will be available

4 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Beating Boston and knocking them out in Boston would be sweet, they just don't match up well with the Rays, as for Simeon he could play SS for the Yankees as Gleybor will be a 2nd baseman going forward but I think they will be looking at several others that will be available

Lots of SS to choose from this offseason. I think the Yanks will trade Torres and Sanchez. DJ and Odor (barf) can play 2nd. 

Yes, the Yankees have not done well against the AL East this year. I don't really expect them to best the Rays but would love to stick it to them. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Lots of SS to choose from this offseason. I think the Yanks will trade Torres and Sanchez. DJ and Odor (barf) can play 2nd. 

Yes, the Yankees have not done well against the AL East this year. I don't really expect them to best the Rays but would love to stick it to them. 

I can definitely seen them trying to get rid of Sanchez but Higgy isn't the answer either, looks like DJ is going to need surgery this off season, Torres I think they keep but I'm interested to see if they can re sign Gallo and /or Rizzo

59 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I can definitely seen them trying to get rid of Sanchez but Higgy isn't the answer either, looks like DJ is going to need surgery this off season, Torres I think they keep but I'm interested to see if they can re sign Gallo and /or Rizzo

No, they're trading for a catcher. 

DJ is getting sports hernia surgery. Theoretically, he could be back for the ALCS but that would surprise me. 

Gallo is signed through next year. I would be surprised if Rizzo is back. 

On 2021-10-04 at 9:54 AM, JCon said:

giphy.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, bustamente said:

Just got harder for the Blue Jays to re sign Ray after todays Cy Young, it buyer beware with that guy, I also think that Semien is as good as gone as he also refused his QO and has probably priced himself out of Toronto

Jays don't need Semien. They have an everyday SS right now and more depth up the middle in the minors. Doesn't mean that they're not trying to extend him. And, of course he's going to turn down $18.4M for one year. He's going to get a multiyear deal worth more. 

Ray's been negotiating with multiple teams. The Cy Young was expected, so would have already been factored in. He's gone back to his old pitching style, so he should be able to keep his control. 

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Jays don't need Semien. They have an everyday SS right now and more depth up the middle in the minors. Doesn't mean that they're not trying to extend him. And, of course he's going to turn down $18.4M for one year. He's going to get a multiyear deal worth more. 

Ray's been negotiating with multiple teams. The Cy Young was expected, so would have already been factored in. He's gone back to his old pitching style, so he should be able to keep his control. 

Yes he is a ss but played 2nd base with the Blue Jays last year, who exactly are the Blue Jays going to replace 45 HR and 102 RBI's from the minors, he did exactly what someone needs to do on a 1 year show me contract and now is going to get paid, as for Ray he caught lightning in a bottle last year and anyone who gives him a big dollar and term deal is a fool and it better not be the Yankee's

Edited by bustamente

21 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Yes he is a ss but played 2nd base with the Blue Jays last year, who exactly are the Blue Jays going to replace 45 HR and 102 RBI's from the minors, he did exactly what someone needs to do on a 1 year show me contract and now is going to get paid, as for Ray he caught lightning in a bottle last year and anyone who gives him a big dollar and term deal is a fool and it better be the Yankee's

I will take Ray. We can use a lefty that gets strike outs. His issue has been control and it's been an issue since he changed his pitching style a few years ago. He'll be fine with control now that he's gone back to his old release. 

You don't need to replace all of those HRs and RBIs. You have Biggio who can play 2nd or 3rd. And, Semien doesn't want to play 2nd, he wants to play SS. So, he'll sign somewhere that will at least give him that chance (for a year or two). 

Jays need starting pitching, which means you can't spend over the top for middle infielders. It does sound like the richest team in baseball will finally spend. They locked up Berrios on a pretty good deal. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I will take Ray. We can use a lefty that gets strike outs. His issue has been control and it's been an issue since he changed his pitching style a few years ago. He'll be fine with control now that he's gone back to his old release. 

You don't need to replace all of those HRs and RBIs. You have Biggio who can play 2nd or 3rd. And, Semien doesn't want to play 2nd, he wants to play SS. So, he'll sign somewhere that will at least give him that chance (for a year or two). 

Jays need starting pitching, which means you can't spend over the top for middle infielders. It does sound like the richest team in baseball will finally spend. They locked up Berrios on a pretty good deal. 

Apparently they were trying to get Verlander yesterday after re-signing Barrios and were in contention, so they seem to be willing to spend. Maybe they can re-up Ray.