The MLB/Goldeyes Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

Lots of headlines leading into the pre-season:

Unsigned Free Agents are talking about holding their own spring training. MLBPA sued the MLB in the early 90s due to collusion over FA signings. I wonder if there's anything to this delay in the signings?

Pitchers and Catchers report in just about two weeks.

Reigning NL MVP and perennial All-Star, Giancarlo Stanton, will be in pinstripes this year. Woohoo!

Marlins have cleaned house and sold off their best and most expensive assets.

Blue Jays are struggling to fill holes and might struggle to compete in the East.

And many, many more.

I'm getting excited about this season.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, JCon said:

First pitch of the regular season goes deep, deep, deep over the wall! 

Welcome back baseball! 

Go Yankees!

Actual first pitch of the year was a HR by Ian Happ going to be a good year on the north side go Cubs go. Will be a long year in Toronto. Rogers Centre will have crowds of 25,000 by June.

10 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Actual first pitch of the year was a HR by Ian Happ going to be a good year on the north side go Cubs go. Will be a long year in Toronto. Rogers Centre will have crowds of 25,000 by June.

Blue Jays have lost 35% of their season tickets from last year, the season ticket count for this year is 13k so a bad start and those small crowds will happen sooner than later, my take away from today's opener .................Giancarlo.

17 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

When I posted this, I didn't know the Yanks had done it too. I was referring to the Cubs game. 

• 3 months later...