At The All-Star Break

Just now, Jimmy Pop said:

So funny tidbit...  twitter peeps will likely know Wheeler's tagline of "nice guy, tries hard, love the game".   

So, Friedman & Jeff Marek have got a new podcast, based on Elliot's 31 Thoughts articles.  Their last episode had Marc Savard on.  He mentioned how the "nice guy, tries hard, loves the game" line was a moniker those Bruins' teams had in reference to players who just weren't very good. 

I wonder if the timeline matches.... Wheeler gets a rough ride from the vets in Beantown, gets traded, uses it as fuel for rest of his career.  Or just a coincidence? 

Speaking of Boston, what would Marchand's read? 'Recovering Jerkface,  will try harder, love my money don't want to lose it anymore'? 

The only time the Jets made the playoffs, Chevy made some minor but good moves to add depth.  So one might think he'd be open to that now.  It wouldnt really fit his style to get a high priced rental but this would be the year to do it.  if Kane wasnt Kane, he'd be the perfect type of player for the Jets to add.

Given some of the D injuries, I'd like to see another solid D man brought in.  He might look at a veteran goalie if Mason is out long term.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The only time the Jets made the playoffs, Chevy made some minor but good moves to add depth.  So one might think he'd be open to that now.  It wouldnt really fit his style to get a high priced rental but this would be the year to do it.  if Kane wasnt Kane, he'd be the perfect type of player for the Jets to add.

Given some of the D injuries, I'd like to see another solid D man brought in.  He might look at a veteran goalie if Mason is out long term.

Word is Chevy is looking for a top six forward, preferably a centre.

8 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I'm wondering if this model has worked historically. And this new irritating term  (I don't why specifically it's irritating to me but it is) 'own rental' and if that's a successful approach. Could not we trade for a top six forward (read on Atomic's post)  with the strategy of signing him longer term? Sort of like we did with Stafford. 

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

Its relying on past glory instead of giving better offensive players the shot

Hendricks has been terrible on shootouts for 5-6 years now.

*shrug* 

Hendricks, while old, is proven... he has a good career average.  I don't see his choice being a bad one at all.  who would you have put in instead?  

4 hours ago, SPuDS said:

*shrug* 

Hendricks, while old, is proven... he has a good career average.  I don't see his choice being a bad one at all.  who would you have put in instead?  

That's the entire point...  he has this 'career average' that's based on 2011... 

Anyhoo...

6 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

I wouldn't do it. Whatever mid-round pick we get isn't as valuable as having Hutchinson around as insurance.

5th rd pick in a weak draft Vs long playoff run for The Moose or backing up with the Jets... Ill take B. 5th Rd pick isnt worth it. Hutch aint getting much more than that. 

On 1/26/2018 at 9:08 PM, Floyd said:

That's the entire point...  he has this 'career average' that's based on 2011... 

Anyhoo...

Its also come out of the wood work that he did it because his son was in attendance.  So, besides the fact that he has some skill in the shoot out, Mo was looking to make his kid's night.