Game 49 : Blue Thunder @ Jaws

8 hours ago, Floyd said:

Yeah I'd totally excuse tonight - Kulikov barely played

Other things we learned...

Dano is the new Petan - 5 minutes??

Maurice loves Roslo...   more ice time than Connor

Maybe Enstrom and Stuart were the problem on our PK...

5 minutes for Dano and he still managed to be awful

15 hours ago, Goalie said:

I think 

Laine Scheif Wheeler 

Perreault Little Ehlers 

Connor Roslovic Armia 

Copp Lowry Dano/Tanev/trade pickup

Hendricks should not play in the playoffs. Hes 2 slow. 

Maurice seems pretty adamant about Roslo being a RW on the big club.  You have to wonder how he's going to get time at C when we're healthy. Considering he's on the wing now & we're down Scheifs & Lowry. 

I'd flop Roslovic with Perreault and roll your lines. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Maurice seems pretty adamant about Roslo being a RW on the big club.  You have to wonder how he's going to get time at C when we're healthy. Considering he's on the wing now & we're down Scheifs & Lowry. 

I'd flop Roslovic with Perreault and roll your lines. 

The thing is, we basically have our top 3 centres set for the next 5 years unless we move on from Lowry... and that doesn't seem likely.  So putting Roslo at wing just gives him the best chance to contribute.

If it was 2012 Roslo could play centre on our second line but those days are gone Jimmy, let it go.

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

Buff is a rapidly declining asset. If someone offered you a half decent return for him (not sure why they would) you'd have to look long and hard at it... 

That contract extension the Jets gave him two years ago sure isn't looking that good these days. I fear the team is stuck with him based on what remains (3 years, $22M). <_<

13 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

That contract extension the Jets gave him two years ago sure isn't looking that good these days. I fear the team is stuck with him based on what remains (3 years, $22M). <_<

Guaranteed if the Jets decided to trade him... Teams would be lining up and making offers. Jets would get a huge haul for Buff. Wouldn't surprise me if Buff is dealt this off season. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

A guy that big just can't maintain his physical dominance as he ages....it catches up so much quicker with big guys. That 2009 Hawks team was a LOOOOONG time ago, in hockey years...

I'm not convinced it's his physical decline. I think it's more of his psyche.  That's just my gut instinct tho.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yeah, I don't know if anyone knows for sure, but logic would dictate that he can't maintain his physical dominance because age is going to slow him down...

Hes actually gotten away from that.  But when he decides to he lays ppl out . 

His problem is between his ears. 

20 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I agree.  He dominates when he wants to.  He makes poor decision about length of shift and gets sulky when his ice time is decreased.  But he can still dominate at times.  If he plays "off" during the playoffs, to me thats the signal its time to move on.  Because thats why you put up with him all season, is to have him in the playoffs where he's a weapon no one else can deploy.  We shall see.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Guaranteed if the Jets decided to trade him... Teams would be lining up and making offers. Jets would get a huge haul for Buff. Wouldn't surprise me if Buff is dealt this off season. 

His cap hit is roughly 10% of the cap ceiling and is currently the fifth highest among NHL defenseman, which is noteworthy considering the company in that top 5. Has he lived up to expectations the last two seasons? I'd say not so much.

I'm not convinced teams would be lining up or that the Jets would get a huge haul to trade Byfuglien, but I'm only seeing the situation through a fan lens. With the depth in the organization, maybe he gets moved sooner or later. I just don't see it happening, that's all.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Yeah, I think so too. Or it could be Enstromitis.

This team has never been better and he should be 'All Buff" at this point.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Yeah, I think so too. Or it could be Enstromitis.

This team has never been better and he should be 'All Buff" at this point.

But they're a pairing that's played well in the past before, and in a more prominent role.

FWIW, his advanced statistics so far this season are slightly better than last.

I just wasn't sure if you were talking about Entrom's or Buff's stats.

For Buff, I heard his stats were lower than previous years.

Dom Luszczyszyn was on the TSN 1290, and although he's still ahead of Trouba and Morrissey, that the reason is because of his previous year's stats and that he's trending down.

I have no idea, I don't follow the fancy stats closely or know what he was measuring.

13 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

9XK6WRl.jpg

More worried about Roslo's +/-

Plus Minus is as irrelevant as it gets. 

Heres an example. 

Random player lets say Dano goes to change.. While thats happening the other team comes down the ice.. Dano steps off... Roslo steps on.. Other team scores half second later.. Roslo = -1 eventho he just literally stepped on the ice for half a second.