Game 49 : Blue Thunder @ Jaws

4 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Late night games are better when we win, risk reward and stupidity that's our Buff we just have to live with it, like it or not and I don't he makes this team better............................................I think;)

Byfuglien is like Bruce Banner. When's he's Bruce he's the comedy sidekick but when he Buff's it up, he's the Hulk and you want him on your team and that team is called...The Revengers!

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

It was great to see Buff muscle around the back of the net while holding off a very large man in his own right, Burns, to create the chance for Little. That said, what he did - taking an anger-driven penalty - after they tied it up 4-4 could very easily have cost us both points.

Inexcusable.

Also questionable, IMO...PM having Buff and Laine out on the ice at the same time while protecting a one-goal lead late in the game.

Finally, I think you gotta think hard about trading Buff if you could get the right pieces that push you over the top for a run at the Cup. While I love Buff when he's doing what he did in O.T., I question whether you'll ever win a Cup with him as a core piece on your blue line.  I also fear we'll wait too long and therefore get nothing for him.

Nevertheless, happy with the win.

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Things we learned from this game...

Buff should really not play over 20 minutes a game

Copp is becoming a real leader

Morrissey-Trouba could be league's top pairing

No one in Finland knows who Joel Armia is

Agreed with you about Buff and too many minutes. Maybe we can give him a bit of a pass tonight as we lost Kulikov early and that maybe forced PM's hand with Buff's minutes. If PM could really limit his minutes going forward and punish him (i.e. sit him) when he pulls ca-ca like he did with that penalty...well...let the debate continue. ;)

Think about this.............it's near the end of January and this team is in first place, there is nobody in their right mind that would of predicted this and yet here we are top dog in the Central winning games sometimes pretty sometimes ugly but it doesn't matter this team is really good and the rest of the league is finding this out  and so are we :D

42 minutes ago, deepsixemtoboyd said:

It was great to see Buff muscle around the back of the net while holding off a very large man in his own right, Burns, to create the chance for Little. That said, what he did - taking an anger-driven penalty - after they tied it up 4-4 could very easily have cost us both points.

Players do stupid stuff to guys who score goals all the time but this was one of the rare times they called a penalty.

36 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Dano is the new Petan - 5 minutes??

Thought he played more then 5.

17 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Think about this.............it's near the end of January and this team is in first place, there is nobody in their right mind that would of predicted this and yet here we are top dog in the Central winning games sometimes pretty sometimes ugly but it doesn't matter this team is really good and the rest of the league is finding this out  and so are we :D

Ssssshhh! You'll wake the dreamers up.

5 hours ago, bustamente said:

Late night games are better when we win, risk reward and stupidity that's our Buff we just have to live with it, like it or not and I don't he makes this team better............................................I think;)

yeah because they are worth staying up for in the end