Game 43 : Great White @ Great White North

Just now, Atomic said:

Don't know about that but I always seemed to run into him in the bathroom at the Palamino club for some reason.  I guess he just had an active bladder or something.

I think it was his spleen that did him in. I wonder what he's up to these days now that he's no longer playing

Edited by iHeart

10 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I think it was his spleen that did him in. I wonder what he's up to these days now that he's no longer playing

Last I saw on social media he was working at some personal trainer facility.   He left there and the trail went cold.

EDIT - just saw something on Facebook from the Bombers saying that it was Tom Canada's birthday on Monday.  Not surprised that he was born on the same day as Elvis.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

TC is down in the States....I thought I remembered hearing that he was a whitewater rafting guide or someting on the Colorado River. He's still tight with DB97. Was talking to him on FB about coming up for the GC if the Bombers made it this past year. 

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

TC is down in the States....I thought I remembered hearing that he was a whitewater rafting guide or someting on the Colorado River. He's still tight with DB97. Was talking to him on FB about coming up for the GC if the Bombers made it this past year. 

I thought it was Costa Rica or something

Grapes was Teemu’s favourite place here. I saw him there a few times when I worked at Grapes on Main. 

Grapes was the place to be back in the late 80’s and early 90’s especially on Sunday night for drinking and dancing. 

Im sure nhl players stay at then fairmont 

they have to stay at a Starwood’s property that is 5 stars or closest to it. If I recall correctly. So Alt wouldn’t qualify. 

16 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Grapes was Teemu’s favourite place here. I saw him there a few times when I worked at Grapes on Main. 

Grapes was the place to be back in the late 80’s and early 90’s especially on Sunday night for drinking and dancing. 

Im sure nhl players stay at then fairmont 

they have to stay at a Starwood’s property that is 5 stars or closest to it. If I recall correctly. So Alt wouldn’t qualify. 

Grapes Pier 7 was certainly the place to dance and drink on Sunday when I was 16 and 17!

17 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Works @ a pub in Sandpoint, Idaho according to https://www.facebook.com/tom.canada.1

Sandpoint Idaho, drove through there,   very beautiful resort type place.  Seemed kind of serene. Some people with a ton of money have seasonal homes there I think.

Ruby Ridge near there too I think.

18 hours ago, iHeart said:

yup, sure was.  I believe he got injured in game and he tried to make a comeback next season but wasn't able to do it..  which was a shame, he was a pretty solid DE.

18 hours ago, JCon said:

Oh, I'm sure nothing. But he ran with a rough crowd.

really?  never knew that.  His "everything is awesome" mentality always led me to believe he would be more straight and narrow... definitely did have the vibe of a party guy though.

18 hours ago, Noeller said:

Yea I recall hearing that as well..  guess the guy is a bit of a rolling stone though, doesn't seem to sit still for very long.

18 hours ago, Floyd said:

I thought it was Costa Rica or something

I believe that was right after he was done with football... either as a vacation or part time gig while he figured stuff out. I remember seeing it on facebook lol.

1 minute ago, SPuDS said:

really?  never knew that.  His "everything is awesome" mentality always led me to believe he would be more straight and narrow... definitely did have the vibe of a party guy though.

This was before social media but I thought he ran with the biker gangs? Maybe my recollection is incorrect? If someone knows different, please enlighten me.

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Are you sure it wasn't the Schrivners (spelling?) that were the ones running with the biker gangs.  I thought they were arrested because of their business ties with the gangs?

I thought Tom Canada was only a party guy / hippy type of person.  

this I remember as being true, yup.  they had some serious run-ins with the police and I think at one point, one was in jail for murder/manslaughter for someone being tossed out or off a balcony. 

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

This was before social media but I thought he ran with the biker gangs? Maybe my recollection is incorrect? If someone knows different, please enlighten me.

I think he just looked like he was a biker.. .and I'm sure being a semi-celebrity he had rolled with some of them but I don't think he was invested so to speak to the criminal lifestyle here like others mentioned and left unmentioned.

21 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

this I remember as being true, yup.  they had some serious run-ins with the police and I think at one point, one was in jail for murder/manslaughter for someone being tossed out or off a balcony. 

Yeah, that was B.C. Scrivener.  I think the charges against him may have been dropped, however.

Edited by BomberBall