Game 43 : Great White @ Great White North

54 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Nope I can't remember who was talking about his salary on the radio a few months ago,  I think it was Pierre LeBrun or Dreger,   but they were expecting closer to 9.     

It will be a lot but I bet it’s less than it could be. Laine will buy into the team concept and leave some money on the table. 

5 hours ago, Goalie said:

Yeah.. Prob a young D man and picks... 

Lets just pretend Edmonton

RNH Bear ( D prospect) 2018 2019 1st. 

Buff would bring back a ton. 

my Oiler fan buddies are always pitching me on this Bear guy.  Never heard of him.  They still want Trouba really bad.  Not sure Trouba would be wild about that.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Nope I can't remember who was talking about his salary on the radio a few months ago,  I think it was Pierre LeBrun or Dreger,   but they were expecting closer to 9.     

Lot of money for guy averaging 36g/yr and not handy with the passes(until lately).

Today was the first game this season I managed to see in person and I have 2 questions / comments.

1. Have the hooking and tripping calls been as soft all year as they were today? I swear there were 5 called today that wouldn't be penalties in Junior or Collage.

2. I was extremely impressed with Roslo today. Especially the play he made to get back and break up the breakaway after another Buff give away. The way he flipped his stick around to hold the shooters stick down and avoid the penalty call was brilliant. I don't think I have seen that before.

4 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Today was the first game this season I managed to see in person and I have 2 questions / comments.

1. Have the hooking and tripping calls been as soft all year as they were today? I swear there were 5 called today that wouldn't be penalties in Junior or Collage.

There were some penalties i thought were questionably called but thats been the year IMHO.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg