Game 43 : Great White @ Great White North

6 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Trouba's happy here?

Rumors are he was being honest and it was never about Winnipeg. It was about playing RHD. Hes got that now... He certainly looks happy. Its funny... I guess some ppl  have small **** syndrome and think players want out cuz Winnipeg apparently sucks... (Seems to be a common toronto based media claim) But... We dont suck. Its about winning... Said it long time ago... Players love it here.... And will continue to love it here because it appears we could be pretty damn good for many years to come. Soon.. FAs will sign here like Kulikov did.. Like Mason did.. Like Perreault did and will want to stay. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I hate the idea of trading Byfuglien.  I hope it doesn't happen.  I'd be slightly more in favor of it if Trouba signs an extension BEFORE we move Buff.

7.6 cap hit tho. Obviously this is a summer thing since his NMC ends this summer. It wont happen during the season. Heres the thing... Buff Trouba Myers Poolman... If jets feel myers can stay healthy and trouba will sign.. Makes a ton of sense to move that 7.6 cap hit

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

7.6 cap hit tho. Obviously this is a summer thing since his NMC ends this summer. It wont happen during the season. Heres the thing... Buff Trouba Myers Poolman... If jets feel myers can stay healthy and trouba will sign.. Makes a ton of sense to move that 7.6 cap hit

Maybe.  There are other places to save money.  Steve Mason and Enstrom have to go, or take deep, deep paycuts.  Shawn Matthias will be gone.

And Trouba still has to actually sign.  I'm not as convinced as you are that he wants to be here.  I guess we'll see.  I'd prefer we keep Buff.

29 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

All this makes sense now as the telecast for the Sabres game was panning on Buff the last couple of minutes of the game and he did not look himself. 

I hope we don't trade Buff unless we get something huge in return. 

yeah and by that I mean no draft picks

18 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

'[a]nd was pretty candid about not being happy . . .'

This is the part of that statement that I''m intrigued about. I was watching the game yesterday between the Leafs and the Nucks and Hughson and Simpson were discussing Austin Matthews for the 679th time, this time concerning his lack of powerplay minutes. 

However, the conversation did not centre around helping the Leafs win and/or improving their number one powerplay unit, it centred around how it impedes him from getting a Hart trophy, aiding his contract talks,  etc.

As a coach hearing this, this frustrates them. This is not about one player and his individual needs, it's about the the team no?

If Buff is upset on not being on the ice for the last two minutes of the game only because of his ego, trade him. To win championships, you hear it all the time, Big Team little me.

If Buff is upset on not being on the ice for the last two minutes of the game because he is a competitor but understands the bigger picture, that can be more easily dealt with.

Ps if we give coaches a hard time of airing internal team issues with the media, players should be given a hard time as well.

with all of the pay upgrades coming down the pipe, I don't think the Jets can afford to keep Buff.  I like the toughness he brings to the game.  We missed him in that Nashville game for sure as the Predators were taking liberties knowing Buff wasn't there to make them pay, but that's something we'll have to deal with I guess.  I don't know what Buff would bring.  I know the Kings sure wanted him before he signed his deal.  Not sure what the Kings have that we would want.

17 hours ago, Goalie said:

Rumors are he was being honest and it was never about Winnipeg. It was about playing RHD. Hes got that now... He certainly looks happy. Its funny... I guess some ppl  have small **** syndrome and think players want out cuz Winnipeg apparently sucks... (Seems to be a common toronto based media claim) But... We dont suck. Its about winning... Said it long time ago... Players love it here.... And will continue to love it here because it appears we could be pretty damn good for many years to come. Soon.. FAs will sign here like Kulikov did.. Like Mason did.. Like Perreault did and will want to stay. 

Well rumours go both ways. Plus he didn’t sign this past summer when he could have. 

I predicted he’d re-sign. So I don’t disagree with you. But we won’t know until he signs or doesn’t sign.