Random Death Notice 2018

iHeart

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I highly recommend if you are going to Vietnam on holiday that you take time to visit the Hanoi Hilton in....Hanoi. Well worth the time and gives you an appreciation for what prisoners like John McCain went through.  Coincidentally when we were there in 2013 John McCain just happened to be in Hanoi and was going to be stopping in there only a few hours later. I thought that was kind of cool.

We talk about toughness & courage all the time in football. Imagine the toughness & courage it took to survive 5 1/2 years of solitary confinement,  captivity. never knowing if you'll ever get out & torture?  John McCain was a hero. 

18 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We talk about toughness & courage all the time in football. Imagine the toughness & courage it took to survive 5 1/2 years of solitary confinement,  captivity. never knowing if you'll ever get out & torture?  John McCain was a hero. 

I read up on what he went through.  Crazy.  He ejected from his jet and landed in a lake in the city.  He struggled to free himself after both legs and one of his arms was broken.  The citizens set upon him and bayoneted him in the groin and beat him.  He was tossed in a cell and wasnt given medical treatment for weeks.  The reason his arms seemed odd was because of how they healed, he was not able to lift his arms over his head.

He was offered a release because his dad was an Admiral but he refused because there were other POW's that had been in captivity longer.  He was beaten again, for refusing.  Imagine being in that situation and refusing release.  I hate to be political but compare that to a clown who gets multiple deferments for bogus bone spurs.  

Bummer that's like 3 dead ADGTH actors oh wait 4 I forgot about Charles Nelson Reilly

Thing is I never saw that film, the only thing I saw Burt Reynolds in is this:

oh wait I forgot he also guest starred on an episode of Beverly Hills 90210 as himself in the Ditch Day episode..,..bummer we never had a ditch day

His emmy win for evening shade is in this video somewhere, like somewhere near the end

Edited by iHeart