Random Death Notice 2018

iHeart

Christhebarker on twitter has unveiled his annual Sgt Peppers portrait (yeah I guess it was too late to, oh wait Penny Marshall is in the top middle)DuughHQXgAE-nsn.jpg

of course knowing death he'll probably have one more last minute big one before the year is out

Edited by iHeart

Dr.Hook's Ray Sawyer, will post a link as soon as I find it because I heard it from a BBC link and we all know how well I get along with BBC links screw it this is from the BBC article

Ray Sawyer - the eye-patch wearing singer with Dr Hook & the Medicine Show in the 1970s - has died aged 81.

Sawyer died in Daytona, Florida, after "a brief illness", according to US website Page Six.

The band is best known for the song When You're in Love with a Beautiful Woman, which was a number one hit in the UK in 1979.

Sawyer joined Dr Hook in 1969, two years after he lost an eye in a car accident.

Despite not being the lead singer, his eye patch - and cowboy hat - meant he was the most easily recognised.

But Sawyer, who was born in Chickasaw, Alabama, in 1937, did take lead vocals on one early hit, 1972's Cover of the Rolling Stone.

Dr Hook did eventually appear - in caricature - on the front of the famous magazine in 1973.

"Here was this little band from Alabama standing on the corner saying, 'Hey, put us on the cover', and it worked," he later said, according to Ultimate Classic Rock.

"It was a dream come true."

The band's other hits included Sylvia's Mother,

Sawyer left the band in 1981 to pursue a solo career, but went on to spend much of his later career touring with a spin-off group named Dr Hook featuring Ray Sawyer.

He retired just three years ago.

Edited by iHeart