Random Death Notice 2018

iHeart

season 3 AGT winnier (I didn't watch that season, I didn't start watching til the following year, I got to admit the first few seasons were entertaining, season 6 was my favourite)

http://www.tmz.com/2018/06/11/neal-boyd-dead-dies-americas-got-talent-winner-heart-failure/

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Crappy so I guess they were right on his timeline....

Oddly, it looks like it turned out to be accurate even though he had heart surgery that sounded successful.  He developed pneumonia, made a comeback at first, and then his heart gave out.  My dad was very sick with Parkinson's and ended up in the hospital with double pneumonia earlier this year and I really thought that might be it...he coasted through it and came back (passed away on May 5th due to the parkinson's though).  Friggen pneumonia is tough especially if you're already weakened.

38 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I figured his health was an issue as he hasnt been on for awhile but surprised it was Parkinson's as he didnt show symptoms during his appearances.  That's what my dad had (though Parkinson's can effect people differently). 

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

He had retired because he was old and didn't want to film.  It's not like any of those guys were actually at the store working during the day since the show started....

Funny thing is, I read up a bit about visiting the store as I planned to check it out last time I was in Vegas.  No one was there when I was there of course but I read that of the "stars", the Old Man was the most likely to actually be there, usually sitting behind the counter working on stuff (not really serving customers but supposedly he'd wave and stuff). 

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Funny thing is, I read up a bit about visiting the store as I planned to check it out last time I was in Vegas.  No one was there when I was there of course but I read that of the "stars", the Old Man was the most likely to actually be there, usually sitting behind the counter working on stuff (not really serving customers but supposedly he'd wave and stuff). 

My uncle went and said the store is really small compared to how it looks on tv.   The "stars" are only at the store during filming.   The store mostly sells Pawn Stars souvenirs,   it's a big line up of people walking in and then out.   More of a tourist trap then an actual Pawn shop these days.  

Also (the obvious)  it's all fake and staged and they hire actors and set up scripts for anyone on the show coming on and bringing in something to sell.

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

My uncle went and said the store is really small compared to how it looks on tv.   The "stars" are only at the store during filming.   The store mostly sells Pawn Stars souvenirs,   it's a big line up of people walking in and then out.   More of a tourist trap then an actual Pawn shop these days.  

Also (the obvious)  it's all fake and staged and they hire actors and set up scripts for anyone on the show coming on and bringing in something to sell.

I think it looks bigger on TV because of how they shoot it.  But I didnt think it was small.  Ive read that its all taped on sound stages but also read that thats not true.  I was in October so maybe not as busy and they have lots of souvenirs for sale but tons of stuff like you see on the shelves on the show and people were actively shopping.  We actually went the day previous but at night because it says its open 24/7 but not for entry, just the pawn window. 

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎20 at 1:46 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Oddly, it looks like it turned out to be accurate even though he had heart surgery that sounded successful.  He developed pneumonia, made a comeback at first, and then his heart gave out.  My dad was very sick with Parkinson's and ended up in the hospital with double pneumonia earlier this year and I really thought that might be it...he coasted through it and came back (passed away on May 5th due to the parkinson's though).  Friggen pneumonia is tough especially if you're already weakened.

Sorry about your Dad. My sincerest condolences. 

On 2018-06-23 at 8:58 AM, bustamente said:

Vinnie Paul Abbot joins his brother and are 2/4 ths away from reforming Pantera up in the skies

saw this on FB a few days ago but damn. Super huge fan of Pantera and always wanted to check out Hell Yeah (both as a Pantera and Mudvayne fan).  They often say there must be a sick rock band in heaven based on some of the talent we've lost,  but frankly it's getting to the point there's a festival going on that would kick the sweet piss out of any current line ups imaginable

the name kind of sounds familiar and yet somehow it doesn't, sounds like he was one of the last classic radio DJs of the day when they were just as famous as the discs they spinned

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/topnews/famed-radio-dj-dan-ingram-dead-at-83-after-choking-on-a-piece-of-steak/ar-AAzer9r?li=AAggNb9&ocid=u220dhp

Edited by iHeart