Random Death Notice 2018

iHeart

oh man I think I read about him in a March 1993 issue of National Geographic World (he wasn't in Kids Did It! he was featured in an article about the way they do the makeup and stuff, I thought it was really fascinating even though I was really collecting those magazines because of the Carmen Comics)

https://www.newsarama.com/g00/38057-star-trek-tng-actor-jon-steuer-passes-away-at-33.html?i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZmFjZWJvb2suY29tLw%3D%3D&i10c.ua=1

EDIT: okay I guess they had to actors playing Alexander since the one that was in NGW was Brian something, i never caught his last name.

The "Alexander" that died played the eldest child on Grace Under Fire, and apparently Brett's antics were the reason he quit acting, she kind of ruined it for him

Edited by iHeart

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

oh man I think I read about him in a March 1993 issue of National Geographic World (he wasn't in Kids Did It! he was featured in an article about the way they do the makeup and stuff, I thought it was really fascinating even though I was really collecting those magazines because of the Carmen Comics)

https://www.newsarama.com/g00/38057-star-trek-tng-actor-jon-steuer-passes-away-at-33.html?i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZmFjZWJvb2suY29tLw%3D%3D&i10c.ua=1

Not the most well known of the actors though playing Alexander. Think he was just a one off.

well to be fair I don't have a TMZ app, I follow tvshowsondvd.com twitter, besides a good chunk of the time the ones I get are people that did moderate stuff,  I don't expect myself to always get the major people

but you didn't beat me to John Young (I wasn't really sure if I should post it though)

and to be fair Frosty did beat me to Jerry Lewis last year

Edited by iHeart

5 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

You probably killed Jerry to beat her. It's the only way.

ha ha yeah  - Kirk Douglas better watch out!  Wow I didn't think she'd take it so personally too!  iHeart, don't worry, this can be your thing.  I was just amazed because every other single time I've seen news of a celebrity dying you've usually posted about it hours beforehand.  It's a testament to your commitment to reporting celebrity deaths that I am honored to have finally beaten you.

I'm not taking it personally @kelownabomberfan, you beat me fair and square.  Some breaking celebrity death news usually break overnight (like Hef's did which is why I didn't say anything because I was still in dreamland) which is why I didn't catch Cornell's or Benny's either and I was on the bus heading home from work when I found out about Tom Petty

I'm not going to throw a fit if I don't post anything do you really think I would take it personally?

Edited by iHeart

12 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I'm not talking it personally @kelownabomberfan, you beat me fair and square.  Some breaking celebrity death news usually break overnight (like Hef's did which is why I didn't say anything because I was still in dreamland) which is why I didn't catch Cornell's or Benny's either and I was on the bus heading home from work when I found out about Tom Petty

I'm not going to throw a fit if I don't post anything do you really think I would take it personally?

The fact that you are getting so defensive when I was just making a joke indicates to me that yes, you took this a little personally.  If I ever beat you again, I will not mention it.  Oh look, the deathlist is out.  Herman Wouk is #3.  Olivia De Havilland is still alive?  Who knew?  Who is Leah Bracknell, and why is she expected to die so young?

https://deathlist.net/

MV5BMjA0Njc5Mjk5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTk1MjU2._V1_UY317_CR17,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Billy Graham is 99 I thought he was already dead

and I googled Leah Bracknell, she's an actress that was on a British Soap...oh here's why she's on the list http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/former-emmerdale-actress-leah-bracknell-11724325

I'm pretty sure the list also depends on the Health and age of most people which is why some in their 50s are in there

well Kelowna this an interesting list I may hold onto it shockingly the 2017 list had more hits than the 2016 list

Edited by iHeart

Bruce Hood, former NHL ref, died yesterday of prostate cancer.  He was the ref who had to deal with the "Good Friday Massacre" in the good old days of the Montreal/Quebec rivalry.  I really hope Quebec gets an NHL team again some day.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2018/01/05/bruce-hood-renowned-nhl-referee-dead-at-81.html

29 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Bruce Hood, former NHL ref, died yesterday of prostate cancer.  He was the ref who had to deal with the "Good Friday Massacre" in the good old days of the Montreal/Quebec rivalry.  I really hope Quebec gets an NHL team again some day.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2018/01/05/bruce-hood-renowned-nhl-referee-dead-at-81.html

I want to say Bruce did colour for the Jets at one time for the tv broadcasts.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I want to say Bruce did colour for the Jets at one time for the tv broadcasts.

hmmm....when would that have been?  I remember when Jets 1.0 started in the NHL in 79-80 the Jets had the tandem of Brian Swain doing play by play and Pit Martin doing the colour on CKND.   Not sure how long that lasted before CBC was doing the games.  I remember only being able to see the Jets on Saturdays, if they were playing another Canadian team like the Oilers, Leafs or Canucks.

Edited by kelownabomberfan