Game 41 : Half Way @ Half Baked

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

They give up a ton of quality chances. I don't get it.

They dont practice 3 on 3. Maurice has said it a bunch. Its obvious they dont. They also tend to play guys like buff (visually gassed in OT) and Wheeler (gassed also) 2 much. Need more Lowry Armia Connor Ehlers Laine Morrissey. 

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

They dont practice 3 on 3. Maurice has said it a bunch. Its obvious they dont. They also tend to play guys like buff (visually gassed in OT) and Wheeler (gassed also) 2 much. Need more Lowry Armia Connor Ehlers Laine Morrissey. 

Yes, I know. But it's still weird to see how often they give up such high quality chances in OT considering how well they play 5-on-5. And some of the personnel decisions leave me scratching my head.

28 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Lowry?  in OT?  don't think he has the speed, finesse or quicks to be effective for 3 on 3.  Armia too to an extent but his 2 way game would be a good thing to have in OT... I agree on the last 4 tho for sure.

42 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Yes, I know. But it's still weird to see how often they give up such high quality chances in OT considering how well they play 5-on-5. And some of the personnel decisions leave me scratching my head.

Every team gives up lots of high quality chances in OT.  That's just the way 3v3 is played right now.

Maybe it is more often for the Jets... but maybe not.

6 hours ago, SPuDS said:

Lowry?  in OT?  don't think he has the speed, finesse or quicks to be effective for 3 on 3.  Armia too to an extent but his 2 way game would be a good thing to have in OT... I agree on the last 4 tho for sure.

Really? Cuz they are 0 and 7 or 0 and 6 in OT this year. Its time to try different guys. OT is about possession... Something lowry armia copp for that matter do quite well

21 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Really? Cuz they are 0 and 7 or 0 and 6 in OT this year. Its time to try different guys. OT is about possession... Something lowry armia copp for that matter do quite well

I don’t disagree. I think they either go wirh careful choice or balls out. Laine, Ehlers, Wheeler.  Win or lose it on the first 45 seconds. Lol 

Just now, Atomic said:

Little-Ehlers-Morrissey, Lowry-Armia-Byfuglien?  Two good combinations of scoring punch and possession ability.

Not sure about Buff. Hes pretty awful in OT... But maybe Myers or even Kulikov instead.. No to Trouba also.. All he does is miss the net... U dont want that in OT

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Not sure about Buff. Hes pretty awful in OT... But maybe Myers or even Kulikov instead.. No to Trouba also.. All he does is miss the net... U dont want that in OT

Yeah I considered Myers there as well.  I think that could be a good fit.

But it's also concerning to have all your best players stapled to the bench in OT... Wheeler, Laine, Byfuglien... but maybe the situation just dictates it.

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

and go to the box

Not in OT so much. But he does tend to kill plays lots by missing the net. We all go on about Buff but earlier in OT... Wheeler Laine Trouba on the ice... Laine seriously uncovered.. Wide open.. Trouba has the puck along the boards.. Does he pass to the wide open sniper? Nope.. He takes a shot from a terrible angle. 

Just now, Atomic said:

Yeah I considered Myers there as well.  I think that could be a good fit.

But it's also concerning to have all your best players stapled to the bench in OT... Wheeler, Laine, Byfuglien... but maybe the situation just dictates it.

Im ok with Laine in OT... Hes a sniper. Wheeler and Buff arw usually gassed by then. That Buff breakaway.. Man.. Slow Mo.