Game 39 : Crooklyn @ Scheifeless

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Matthias is only 3 years removed from an 18 goal season.  Seems hard to imagine now, watching him play so far this season.

He's good but Perreault is better.  That's really all there is to it.

Except its not...  lineup is being juggled yet 3rd line preserved at all costs

Last year, Matthias-Lowry-Armia was a 'dominant' third line...  could easily be argued this combo is better than Copp/Tanev

Maurice just gets stuck on favourites - this will never change...

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Except its not...  lineup is being juggled yet 3rd line preserved at all costs

Last year, Matthias-Lowry-Armia was a 'dominant' third line...  could easily be argued this combo is better than Copp/Tanev

Maurice just gets stuck on favourites - this will never change...

Matthias-Lowry-Armia were never dominant and Copp-Lowry-Tanev have been scoring at a great pace for a 3rd line over the last ten games or so.

I mean yeah I'd like to see Armia get more opportunity.  For sure.  But why break up that third line now when they are playing their best hockey?

22 hours ago, Atomic said:

Matthias-Lowry-Armia were never dominant and Copp-Lowry-Tanev have been scoring at a great pace for a 3rd line over the last ten games or so.

I mean yeah I'd like to see Armia get more opportunity.  For sure.  But why break up that third line now when they are playing their best hockey?

MLA were as good or better than CLT

And having a great third line is 'nice' - having your best players in your top six is better

For instance, Copp, Lowry and Perrault are all better centres than Blake Wheeler...  he should be staying on RW

8 minutes ago, Floyd said:

MLA were as good or better than CLT

Were they?  I don't know, you didn't back up this claim with anything so I'll just say no they weren't.

8 minutes ago, Floyd said:

And having a great third line is 'nice' - having your best players in your top six is better

For instance, Copp, Lowry and Perrault are all better centres than Blake Wheeler...  he should be staying on RW

Totally agree.  Although I wouldn't consider Copp or Lowry at number one centre.  Perreault, yes.

26 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Were they?  I don't know, you didn't back up this claim with anything so I'll just say no they weren't.

You don't remember them last year, everyone was talking about how the opposition was pinned...  they were very good

26 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Totally agree.  Although I wouldn't consider Copp or Lowry at number one centre.  Perreault, yes.

I don't consider any of them #1 Centres...  I'd move Little up and put Lowry or Copp at #2

Connor-Little-Wheeler

Ehlers-Lowry-Laine

Perrault-Copp-Armia

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

You don't remember them last year, everyone was talking about how the opposition was pinned...  they were very good

I do remember that.  I also remember a lot of people talking about how MLA was Maurice's "favourite" line and he over-used them and he should break them up and give Armia a shot in the top six.  Kinda similar to how people talk about Copp-Lowry-Tanev this year.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

I do remember that.  I also remember a lot of people talking about how MLA was Maurice's "favourite" line and he over-used them and he should break them up and give Armia a shot in the top six.  Kinda similar to how people talk about Copp-Lowry-Tanev this year.

Kind of my point...

maurice falls in love with his third line muckers