Game 38 : No PST @ 8%

10 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Great game for Armia 1.0.

So who replaces Scheif?  Roslovic straight to the top line, or maybe Perreault to the top line and bring up Lemieux?  Or does one of Dano or Matthias get another kick at the can?  Decisions, decisions...

I'd give Roslovic a shot, but maybe as 3C moving Little to 1C and Perreault to 2C - at least to start. Fortunately, the forward depth is plentiful and so are the options for Maurice.

A gritty win and by no means a masterpiece last night. Lots of turkey legs to start the game and that shorty on Trouba's error was rough. But they boys got it together and earned an important win. Scheifele's loss is concerning, especially if he's out long-term.

Sidenote: impressive how the only penalty the Jets took last night was a chintzy bench minor for too many men. Clean hockey goes a long way.

And an honourable mention to both Bryan Little for his franchise leading 710th game played (and a key equalizer early on) as well as Wheeler's franchise leading assist last night. Two heart and soul players, IMO.

Edited by blue_gold_84
honourable mention

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

Great game for Armia 1.0.

So who replaces Scheif?  Roslovic straight to the top line, or maybe Perreault to the top line and bring up Lemieux?  Or does one of Dano or Matthias get another kick at the can?  Decisions, decisions...

I see Perrault move up and Lemieux or Petan coming up.

6 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Connor-little-wheeler

ehlers-petan-laine 

that would be my choice 

I like it.  Petan is going to be an RFA after this season and it would be nice to get a legitimate look at him as a top six player in the NHL.

But like Frosty says, Petan has been playing on the wing.  Then again so has Perreault and he is probably the first choice to be Scheifele's replacement in the top six.  They need someone good on draws and who can play the power play.  Petan and Perreault can both do that.  My only worry would be Petan's defensive game and how he would fare in our own end.

Edited by Atomic

37 minutes ago, JCon said:

I think they move Perreault up, so that Wheeler can move to centre. If it doesn't work, they can swap spots.

Have to put a vet up there with Connor and Wheels.

this.   Wheels is good but if he has 2 youngsters with him.. not sure how much success we see on the top line.

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Today's lines...

Connor-Wheeler-Laine
Perreault-Little-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Matthias-Hendricks-Armia

and Dano in thetrixie-dog-houses-39533-64_1000.jpg

Kind of unexpected but I don't hate it... I'm not a big fan of Wheeler at centre to be honest but I'm willing to see how it goes.

I don't get why they would put Matthias in over Dano.  Matthias is going to be gone next year, Dano at least is still young with potential.  Put him in the lineup already.  I'm not even a huge Dano fan but geez what is going on there.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Kind of unexpected but I don't hate it... I'm not a big fan of Wheeler at centre to be honest but I'm willing to see how it goes.

I don't get why they would put Matthias in over Dano.  Matthias is going to be gone next year, Dano at least is still young with potential.  Put him in the lineup already.  I'm not even a huge Dano fan but geez what is going on there.

My second line would be Ehlers Little Armia and 4th Perreault-Hendricks-Dano IF we not calling anyone up.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

22 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Yea I agree.. the handling of Dano has been really weird this season.   Matthias, to an extent too but I'm not really a fan of his anyway..   Dano though, I thought showed some good things last year.