Vince McMahon considers move to bring back the XFL

wbbfan

Would ypu want to be isolated for months on end away from your family on a CFL salary? I wouldn't. Then there's hotel staff & everybody else who comes in contact with the team. They'd have to be willing to be isolated for months as well. The NFL pays millions. The CFL minimum salary is 50,000 plus Canadian. What American player would be willing to do that? Coaches? 

On 2020-04-10 at 2:29 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Two years ago, negative nellies were forecasting the end of the CFL with the AAF & XFL coming onboard. Well, they're both gone now but the CFL still faces a huge challenge as do all established sports leagues of getting thru these scary & dangerous time. 

Never mind two years ago... remember two months ago when the xfl signed Derek Dennis and SJ green and a few alarmist were warning us about the “surge of cfl talent” headed south... 😆

Edited by bearpants

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

more importantly..this will be the last venture by Vince and any of his holdings trying to resurrect a league....again...and most likely any other attempt

It’s an interesting thing.  The first XFL Shut down when it threatened to impact wwe.  And now I’m guessing this has a lot to do with wwe needing Vince’s attention. 

What a huge mistake this thing turned out to be....No one in their right mind would take on this disaster....Someone is going to take a bath a long with the idiot that had the concept for this venture...Lots of ex-CFL guys looking north and wondering ,what the hell happened...For anyone trying this again, a lesson has been learned .........................I think???

Edited by Stickem

30 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Wow.  With Vince not paying out coaches money they are owed i view it as the XFL is never coming back. Last time around he at least paid everyone for the full first season to leave the door open for a return at some point. 

It’s pretty awful considering Vince’s net worth. And that wwe owns 23% of the league.  To not pay people is ridiculous.   I believe it’s $4 million.  Pocket change to Vince.  

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

What a huge mistake this thing turned out to be....No one in their right mind would take on this disaster....Someone is going to take a bath a long with the idiot that had the concept for this venture...Lots of ex-CFL guys looking north and wondering ,what the hell happened...For anyone trying this again, a lesson has been learned .........................I think???

Nah, give it a few years & some rich yahoo will try again.  It just never ends. 

almost certain now that this will be the end of any new upstart for at least a decade...if not forever...and especially since Vince is not paying guys who were/are guaranteed money he will never dip his toe back into this again...and based on how the AAF foundered, can't see nobody doing it again truth be told

17 hours ago, Booch said:

almost certain now that this will be the end of any new upstart for at least a decade...if not forever...and especially since Vince is not paying guys who were/are guaranteed money he will never dip his toe back into this again...and based on how the AAF foundered, can't see nobody doing it again truth be told

I don't know why the football league wannabees can't get it through their heads that fans like an off season. After the regular season, playoffs & Super Bowl with all the hype of that game & then to start over a week later with a third rate league, who gives a ****?