Vince McMahon considers move to bring back the XFL

wbbfan

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Not likely as a vaccine is at least a year away. 

Unfortunately you are correct.....and maybe longer as it has to be tested....Not liking this whole scenario

Touchdown Atlantic just announcing it's been sold out for July 25.....hope it holds

Edited by Stickem

1 hour ago, voodoochylde said:

Baseball is irrelevant until October.

(a little tongue in cheek but with 162 games in a season, it's a little hard to get jacked about it until games actually mean something)

That’s your opinion on it. I understand a lot of people aren’t fans of it, but with tons of game on everyday, gonna cut into viewership lots.

the WHO basically has said with awareness and due diligence that this is the first time a pandemic that can be controlled...people =just need to be smart and Governments need to stay on top of thjings and control whats going on within  their borders...

Took 8 months to develop and test the H1N1 vaccine in 2009.  Apparently the scientists are dumber today, so it will a year and a half to two years.  Buy shares in companies that make hand sanitizer today and sell in about August.

5 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm hoping that some miracle occurs and this is under control sooner then later. I've been waiting as long as I did to see the bombers win a GC, to see Rage against the machine live. I have floor tickets. Please. Dont. Cancel!!!!

Of course Rage and Tool come to town and the plague strikes.

18 hours ago, Tiny759 said:

A year at the minimum with all the tests they have to do first.

Guy from American CDC was on Joe Rogan show and said the vaccination is about 8-10 months away and that vaccinations don't go through the same kind of clinical trials and testing as medications. They either work or they don't and there is no real fear of long term effects. The big impediment is producing them fast enough at a global level.

Very interesting segment, he also said Coronavirus is nothing new, it has been around for years and this is just a new mutation and they have been working on a vaccination for years already but this is a very resilient virus. He said that the virus has previously presented as a pretty weak strain of the flu so not a lot of money was put into vaccine research on it.

Edited by GCn20

14 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Guy from American CDC was on Joe Rogan show and said the vaccination is about 8-10 months away and that vaccinations don't go through the same kind of clinical trials and testing as medications. They either work or they don't and there is no real fear of long term effects.

Except for autism, of course...

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Guy from American CDC was on Joe Rogan show and said the vaccination is about 8-10 months away and that vaccinations don't go through the same kind of clinical trials and testing as medications. They either work or they don't and there is no real fear of long term effects. The big impediment is producing them fast enough at a global level.

Very interesting segment, he also said Coronavirus is nothing new, it has been around for years and this is just a new mutation and they have been working on a vaccination for years already but this is a very resilient virus. He said that the virus has previously presented as a pretty weak strain of the flu so not a lot of money was put into vaccine research on it.

I watched the same one, and he gave a bit longer time line but ya.

28 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

I watched the same one, and he gave a bit longer time line but ya.

Could be I got the timeline wrong. Wasn't memorizing it but it was definitely not 1.5 to 2 years. In fact, a US company named Moderna is organizing a clinical trial for a possible vaccine beginning next month. They are bypassing animal testing on it and so far no regulatory bodies in the US seem like they are going to shut this down.

Edited by GCn20

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Could be I got the timeline wrong. Wasn't memorizing it but it was definitely not 1.5 to 2 years. In fact, a US company named Moderna is organizing a clinical trial for a possible vaccine beginning next month. They are bypassing animal testing on it and so far no regulatory bodies in the US seem like they are going to shut this down.

If you are talking about Michael Osterholm, then he did say it could be up to two years.

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

@blue85gold didn't clear it up. Science cleared it up. A while ago. The only study that linked the two has been withdrawn and was discredited. The author admitted to falsifying the data. 

Lol, I wasn't being serious. I assumed the sarcasm would be evident, as none of my prior 3,800 posts have shown me to be a conspiracy theorist.