Vince McMahon considers move to bring back the XFL

wbbfan

10 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

In his defense his quarterbacks are AWFUL. I watched all 3 games (haha) and Flowers is a high school qb. 

Their offense had some resemblance of success when he switched his Qb today

I guess Flowers won't be in our future plans then....

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

He's the GM too.

Yeah, but don't they acquire their players via the draft though? Like he couldn't just lure a FA Matt Nichols if he wanted.

How I understood it is: a player doesn't sign with a team. He signs with the league who then disperses players

I could be wrong though

Edited by Dr Zaius

Just now, Dr Zaius said:

Yeah, but don't they acquire their players via the draft though?

How I understood it is: a player doesn't sign with a team. He signs with the league who then disperses players

I could be wrong though

Yeah it wasn't random though.  They scouted and drafted.  This is a team he picked and now has coached for 2 months.

1 minute ago, Jpan85 said:

When you take a look at the ratings in context they are still one of the highest rated cable shows for their day week to week. Also they are three times more people watching XFL at the three game mark compared to the AAF last year.

Lots of seats sold too. The Seattle game was very well attended from what I saw on TV. 

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Beginning to look like 'another one bites the dust'....As soon as Vince sees the numbers in his new enterprise are not making money sense....he'll pull the plug

I dont think he'll pull the plug until he knows no one will pay him for content.  It would have to be a huge disaster to not go another season at least.  The word was 1.5 million was what TV partners wanted to consider it successful.  It was always going to trend down from opening week.  The question is, where is bottom...where is the stable week-to-week rating.  is it 1.5 million or is it less?  How much less?  Can it slowly grow?