Vince McMahon considers move to bring back the XFL

wbbfan

58 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

First game been real sloppy so far.  Looks like offenses relying mostly on screens.   Talent level not very high, which is pretty much always the downfall of these leagues, especially with QB's who can't pass.  Certainly not wide-open football, one offensive TD so far.

The worst tackling I've ever seen in my life. Is horse collar not a penalty in the xfl either? Screens qb roll outs piss poor attempts at read option. 

The quality of football is worse then o thought it'd be. 

18 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

The worst tackling I've ever seen in my life. Is horse collar not a penalty in the xfl either? Screens qb roll outs piss poor attempts at read option. 

The quality of football is worse then o thought it'd be. 

There's been some pretty horrific headshots on receivers in this game too, one was on a tailback on a screen he took a headshot on the initial contact and as he was heading down to the turf another guy drilled him helmet to helmet.  Not many flags.

34 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

There's been some pretty horrific headshots on receivers in this game too, one was on a tailback on a screen he took a headshot on the initial contact and as he was heading down to the turf another guy drilled him helmet to helmet.  Not many flags.

The refs are brutal holy cow. Completely inept in even the basics of football.

11 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

I don’t understand how so many NFL fans are excited about this league. The quality is not great, and has some silly rules 

Idk how any one can be watching this. The execution and refing makes the AFL 2 look like the best the NFL has to offer. 

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

First game been real sloppy so far.  Looks like offenses relying mostly on screens.   Talent level not very high, which is pretty much always the downfall of these leagues, especially with QB's who can't pass.  Certainly not wide-open football, one offensive TD so far.

TSN did kind of do that with Masoli.

Whitfield on LA has some nice patience and vision. The football isn’t great but it’s not as bad as some of you are making it out to be. This is week one of eight expansion teams, will take some time for these guys to build chemistry, especially O line. 

Edited by O2L

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Its more exciting than the NFL. Thats for sure. Ppl need to just enjoy it and stop criticising week 1 of season 1. CFL sucks for weeks also

Maybe more exciting than a game between the 29th and 30th best QB's.  There's been one QB out of four so far who is a reasonable passer, the guy on LA.  They'd be smart to adopt some rules that would actually help the offenses and QB's out, like allowing unlimited motion pre-snap.  Special teams has basically been taken out of this game which doesn't add to excitement IMO.  That's where the better coached teams shine through and tons of big plays happen, plus plays that set up scores, exchanges of field position.  So far through 6 quarters almost every offensive drive is starting around their own 30, field position is not a part of this game because of the rules.  Big plays on D are exciting too!

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

The "X" does  not actually stand for anything in XFL. Which is pretty hilarious.

So...Football League

It did stand for Xtreme back in the first incarnation. That's when the WWE was involved in the league thru cross promotion. Not involved this time. I believe the shareholders won't allow McMahon to do that.