World Juniors

Floyd

11 hours ago, JCon said:

I actually though that was one of the best responses to "winning"  a silver medal I've ever seen. Maybe a bit emotional but still great. 

oh well I guess when he plays for the rangers full time we can bring the Silver Medal Chantsult back from the dead

Edited by iHeart

10 hours ago, JCon said:

I actually though that was one of the best responses to "winning"  a silver medal I've ever seen. Maybe a bit emotional but still great. 

It was embarrassing, especially from a team captain. He's 19, not a small child, so he should have outgrown temper tantrums by now. Grow up and take your loss like a man. 

2 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

It was embarrassing, especially from a team captain. He's 19, not a small child, so he should have outgrown temper tantrums by now. Grow up and take your loss like a man. 

It still wasn't as bad as when Canada beat Russia at the World Champs a few years ago and the Russians just left the ice and skipped the ceremony.  Never seen anything that class-less at a world level event before.

42 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

It still wasn't as bad as when Canada beat Russia at the World Champs a few years ago and the Russians just left the ice and skipped the ceremony.  Never seen anything that class-less at a world level event before.

Agreed,  that was way worse.

Made me like Ovie more though. He tried to make them stay out.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Now a days noone remembers when they were young and stupid

Sweden definitely thought they were going to win that game.  They sure complained a lot too during the game when taking those stupid penalties.   That one kid Dahlen stuck his leg out and tripped the Canadian guy, totally blatant, and he was still whining about it.  Then he destroyed his stick on the glass when he got beat by Formenton on the empty-netter.  I knew they'd be sore losers.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Now a days noone remembers when they were young and stupid

Still remember losing in Bantam provincials to Killarney.  They skated around the ice with the trophy making obscene gestures at us and our parents in the stands as we were lined up waiting for our silver medals.   You sure are capable of pretty dumb class-less stuff at that age.  You hope that as you get older things change a bit.

19 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Sounds like the kind of guy I'd want to watch hockey and have a beer with (many beers in fact).  The only time I've been to Buffalo I went to some bar and ate wings out of a bucket.  The wings had a name, can't remember what they were called....