The Star Wars Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

On 2019-12-28 at 11:55 PM, Brandon said:

Season finale of Mandalorian was solid

Hide contents

The reveal of his face wasn't as dramatic as I thought it would be.  Though still predictable that they were going to show his face for the finale.

The Easter eggs of the dark saber and him as a kid being saved by a mandalorian bearing the mark of house visla were epic. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

David Prowse, the actor who wore the Darth Vader suit, was miffed that his voice was going to be replaced with James Earl Jones' deep tones. He was so PO'd that he refused to learn the dialogue and when in scene, he would spout gibberish or lines from unrelated roles, making it difficult for the other actors to know what and when to say their lines. Some of the time, they would break up and the scenes had to be re-shot. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-01-17 at 9:15 PM, Tiny759 said:

I finally saw this movie the other night and I feel Like it was an awful Star Wars movie

I am very late to the party but I finally got around to watching the Rise of Skywalker and while I understand the criticisms people have for the movie, I found it a lot better than The Last Jedi and believe that a lot of the reasons for the problems this movie has is because of how disjointed the trilogy became because of the **** sandwich that Rian Johnson fed us with The Last Jedi. That movie made Finn and Poe 100% irrelevant and trying to make them more in the third film was forced. Which is dumb because clearly you set them up to be the new heros in the first one but then crap all over them in the 2nd? There's no coming back from that. You set up a potential new big bad in the first but kill him without any sort of payoff in the 2nd so what's left for the third? Trying to subvert expectations was the wrong call with the 2nd movie because it left them with nothing for the third movie and a completely disjointed trilogy. 

So in summary, it's Rian Johnson's fault. 

37 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I am very late to the party but I finally got around to watching the Rise of Skywalker and while I understand the criticisms people have for the movie, I found it a lot better than The Last Jedi and believe that a lot of the reasons for the problems this movie has is because of how disjointed the trilogy became because of the **** sandwich that Rian Johnson fed us with The Last Jedi. That movie made Finn and Poe 100% irrelevant and trying to make them more in the third film was forced. Which is dumb because clearly you set them up to be the new heros in the first one but then crap all over them in the 2nd? There's no coming back from that. You set up a potential new big bad in the first but kill him without any sort of payoff in the 2nd so what's left for the third? Trying to subvert expectations was the wrong call with the 2nd movie because it left them with nothing for the third movie and a completely disjointed trilogy. 

You hit the nail on the head.   Johnson killed the trilogy dead.   Jj did the best he could.  I’d have been thrilled if they made skywalker a two parter actually. 

18 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I agree. While the ROS isn’t great, it’s miles better the TLJ, I think TLJ might have been the worst Star Wars movie created, not including the Star Wars Christmas special

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

ICYMI in the upcoming movies thread.

Taika Waititi to Direct New ‘Star Wars’ Film

It’s unclear if Waititi’s film is one of Disney’s three untitled “Star Wars” movies dated for Dec. 2022, 2024 and 2026 — or if it’s a separate project.

Is Disney even clear on what's what in the Star Wars film universe right now?

On that note, Skywalker dopped on Disney+ today.  So there's that.