The Star Wars Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I thought it was well known that originally Lucas was going to have Leia and Luke fall in love and that he came up with the brother/sister Darth Vader being the father only after the movie was released. 

As I recall Luke’s twin was meant to be someone else who wouldn’t enter the story until return of the Jedi 

so he may have intended a love triangle but it doesn’t really seem that way from watching the films.  I suppose the one exception would be luke using the force to reach Leia at the end of empire. 

But it seems more clear she and han were the intended love story. 

Ofcourse there was no guarantee of a second film after Hope.   So it’s quite different from TFA where the trilogy was guaranteed to be made and sequels were set up. JJ wrote story treatments for 8&9 but rian disregarded them. 

8 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

As I recall Luke’s twin was meant to be someone else who wouldn’t enter the story until return of the Jedi 

so he may have intended a love triangle but it doesn’t really seem that way from watching the films.  I suppose the one exception would be luke using the force to reach Leia at the end of empire. 

But it seems more clear she and han were the intended love story. 

Ofcourse there was no guarantee of a second film after Hope.   So it’s quite different from TFA where the trilogy was guaranteed to be made and sequels were set up. JJ wrote story treatments for 8&9 but rian disregarded them. 

Maybe the Narada changed the timeline? :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Apparently there was quick trailer and it showed Rey dressed in black holding a double bladed red lightsaber.  I'm guessing that was a vision of "what could become" that she sees similar to what Luke saw in the cave because I doubt they'd turn her into a dark side user.

23 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Apparently there was quick trailer and it showed Rey dressed in black holding a double bladed red lightsaber.  I'm guessing that was a vision of "what could become" that she sees similar to what Luke saw in the cave because I doubt they'd turn her into a dark side user.

But think of the sequels!

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

There's only one special guest and he's at 1:40

Should have easter egg'd him in at 1:45

But we knew that he was in this one. 

The Ghost is interesting because it blends another story line.