Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

31 minutes ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

Say what you will about Mike O'Shea but no one can ever overstate how valuable he has been in turning around the perception and culture of this franchise.

34 minutes ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

Very interesting. And exactly the reason why many of us find value in the man, the Coach, and his importance to the team. Adam Bighill says it himself. It’s the culture of the team nowadays. 

When Wade Miller, Kyle Walters, and Mike O’Shea were trotted out as our team, to lead the team, we were all excited but anxious because they were new and inexperienced. Now we know.

This organization is light years ahead of the dead planet atmosphere that prevailed in the years before. 

We’re still anxious, but for much different reasons. It’s the ‘when’ now, not so much the ‘if’.

We’re getting closer. That’s the culture we revel in now.

And many more players, like Adam Bighill, realize it too.

20 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Say what you will about Mike O'Shea but no one can ever overstate how valuable he has been in turning around the perception and culture of this franchise.

This. A thousand times this.

But before we get to all that, I’d like to start with how Coach O’Shea and I built a relationship based on mutual respect.

Back in my rookie year in 2011, I was playing on special teams in B.C. and after a game, he came up to me, shook my hand and told me he had watched me on film throughout the season. And then he said, ‘I really respect how you play the game. I think you’re a great football player.’

I was just a rookie trying to show I could dominate and start my own legacy in the CFL and here’s a guy from the opposing team that comes up and tells me that. Our relationship started right then and there. As my career progressed over the course of my years in BC, every time we played each other we always made time to say hello.

Just the other night, I spoke to him for a good 35 minutes on the phone. We had a great conversation catching up, and you could still feel the level of respect we have for each other – even though we haven’t spoken in over a year.

And this.

O'Shea is truly a player's coach, IMO.

55 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Very interesting. And exactly the reason why many of us find value in the man, the Coach, and his importance to the team. Adam Bighill says it himself. It’s the culture of the team nowadays. 

When Wade Miller, Kyle Walters, and Mike O’Shea were trotted out as our team, to lead the team, we were all excited but anxious because they were new and inexperienced. Now we know.

This organization is light years ahead of the dead planet atmosphere that prevailed in the years before. 

We’re still anxious, but for much different reasons. It’s the ‘when’ now, not so much the ‘if’.

We’re getting closer. That’s the culture we revel in now.

And many more players, like Adam Bighill, realize it too.

Personally, I was bloody terrified and disappointed because I thought that Wade had gone the quick and easy route in hiring the guy that worked down the hall, and when that rookie GM hired a rookie HC, I thought "Two rookies in critical jobs, what could possibly go wrong?".  Well, I was wrong.  Right people, right place, right time.  Go Bombers!

I did talk to Andrew Harris before I signed and I really appreciated his reaching out. We have a lot of great history as teammates and I definitely wanted his insight on his city... I also talked to Craig Roh in the last few days before I signed, he’s a good friend of mine. And I heard from Anthony Gaitor and Steven Clarke… they’re pretty excited.

The Rigmaiden Effect paying dividends again and again

9 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

After his first and second season I had seen enough and wanted him gone, good thing I don't run this organization.

9 hours ago, voodoochylde said:

my neighbor is Jamie Boreham, who unfortunately is a Rider fan.  He played for O'Shea in Toronto.  He almost teared up when talking about how much he loved playing for Osh.  There is something there for sure.  I hope O'Shea is here to stay.

2 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

We need to cut the linebacker who won't give his number to Bighill.

Bighill deserves whatever number he wants for signing here.

again, as I suggested, just trade him to MTL for DJ Lalama. 
an ST player for an ST player. virtually the same size and stats. Lalama might be slightly faster though. 
a Laval guy for a Bison guy

problem solved. 😄

17 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

again, as I suggested, just trade him to MTL for DJ Lalama. 
an ST player for an ST player. virtually the same size and stats. Lalama might be slightly faster though. 
a Laval guy for a Bison guy

problem solved. 😄

Gauthier is better at teams than Lalama tho

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Shifty + versa-tile.

21 minutes ago, tracker said:

Impressive speed and body control.

What really got my attention is how well he reads and follows his blocking on returns. Good speed, great versatility, should be interesting to see what he can bring to tc. 

Jahad Thomas

RB  Temple

Photo of Jahad Thomas

fb-like.png
share-button.png

Grade
5.05 ?
  • 4.62 SEC, 11 REPS  32.0 INCH  116.0 INCH 5'10" Height 30 1/8" Arm Length 190LBS. Weight 9" Hands

Overview

Thomas wears the number five jersey as a tribute to USC Heisman Trophy winner (forfeited or not) and current NFL running back Reggie Bush. He's been an all-around contributor for the Owls over the past four years, starting as a kick returner in his true freshman season (24-476). Thomas cleared 1,000 all-purpose yards as a sophomore, carrying the ball 80 times for 384 yards (with four starts at running back) and contributing as a receiver (14-364, one TD) and returner (14-332 on kicks). Finally taking on the full rushing load in 2015, he garnered first-team All-American Athletic Conference notice (276-1,262, 17 TDs rushing; 22-216, one TD receiving; 6-199, TD on kick returns). Thomas was a second-team All-AAC pick in 2016, even though he missed the first two games of the year with a sprain in his left hand (207-953, 13 TDs rushing; 33-418, six TDs receiving; 2-28 kick returns; 8-101 punt returns).

Analysis

Strengths: Possesses plus play. Shows burst both around the corner on the play-side as well as out of his cuts. Vision extends beyond what's in front of him, finding linebackers early and reacting to their flow. Choppy footwork allows for quick cutting in tight spaces. Has experience in a pro-style rushing attack. Excellent pass catcher. Able to line up in slot and create separation as a receiver. Able to create yards after catch with his speed. Has ability to help out as kick or punt returner. Voted to wear single-digit number by teammates, which indicates toughness inside Temple program.

Weaknesses: Small and spindly. When he takes a solid shot, the run stops almost immediately. Has logged very few broken tackles as he's unable to generate necessary power in his lower half. Struggles to play with consistent balance through contact. Runs more upright than expected. Could benefit from more efficient usage of a stiff-arm with his off hand. At times, will decelerate into contact. Is a willing pass protector but just not big or strong enough to do so consistently.

Sources Tell Us: "He's a player who fits very specific needs so it's hard to tell where he might go. If you want a player who can return kicks, catch some passes and be a third or fourth running back, he gives that. I think he's tough enough to play. He'll get drafted based on his roster flexibility more than anything." -- Area scout for NFC East team

NFL Comparison: Marcus Murphy

Bottom Line: Productive running back lacking in NFL-caliber size and strength but who makes up for it with his quickness and ability to help as a pass catcher and return man. While it's hard to imagine him handling more than just a few carries per game as an NFL runner, his roster flexibility could work in his advantage. With his ability to operate from the slot and as a jet-sweep runner, he could be an interesting toy for a creative play-caller.

-Lance Zierlein
Edited by tracker

Just now, tracker said:

Jeez. How many running backs do we need at training camp? The airfare alone must be getting way up there.

Seriously??  If they don't bring in talent, people ***** that there's no competition and the scouts need to do more.  So they bring in people and now we're complaining that the Bombers are bringing in too much talent?  Unfreaking believable...

2 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

Seriously??  If they don't bring in talent, people ***** that there's no competition and the scouts need to do more.  So they bring in people and now we're complaining that the Bombers are bringing in too much talent?  Unfreaking believable...

This prospect is damned with faint praise.

On 2018-05-26 at 9:58 AM, tracker said:

Jeez. How many running backs do we need at training camp? The airfare alone must be getting way up there.

Hes an all purpose offensive weapons. return man, wr and rb. fast twitch, cut back shifty type runner. Hes a good pick up. When you get a chance to bring in a quality player to check out, especially in TC you take it. No matter the position thats how you build great depth. We seem to be running out alot of KRs right now though. Im hoping its a sign we wont settle for stankford again.

On 2018-05-25 at 2:07 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Shifty + versa-tile.

These highlight films get me all pumped up at lunch. I am not a scout but this guy looks good. He follows blockers well. A kick cover was included too which I liked. With the added field width he might be something. 

Maybe it will be nothing but looks good to me.