Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

20 hours ago, gcn11 said:

Yes....scrap heaping guys like Bighill, Dressler, Darvin Adams...what are we thinking? LOL. Good to see you in good humor about this LG...him not coming back to the Leos has gotta suck for you guys.

Never easy these decisions, but we needed help on the OLine, not WIL.  Spent the $ on Olaffiyoyo.

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Marouf carted off field earlier

Saw him being helped off the field but I missed that.

Do you know if Wolitarsky is injured? I saw him standing on the side of the field without his helmet on and the next thing I see is that Simonese has taken his spot with the starting receivers.

2 minutes ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

Saw him being helped off the field but I missed that.

Do you know if Wolitarsky is injured? I saw him standing on the side of the field without his helmet on and the next thing I see is that Simonese has taken his spot with the starting receivers.

Per Bauming, he has an injury, but nothing serious.

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

Nice to see Thomas back. With his experience and faith potentially taking a step forward this year we could potentially have a non-import starting on defensive line.  Between Corney, Faith and Thomas I don’t see how we can’t have a Canadian on th field at all times. 

No chance. They will go all American. I know ppl love Thomas for some reason but the fact they signed him because Marouf went down with likely a serious injury and he takes Maroufs spot tells me bombers arent as high on Thomas as a couple of posters are. Thomas isnt good.. Hes ok for depth i suppose but no other team signefld him when they all could have. Hes not a starter. Why weaken the DL by playing an inferior CDN. 

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

No chance. They will go all American. I know ppl love Thomas for some reason but the fact they signed him because Marouf went down with likely a serious injury and he takes Maroufs spot tells me bombers arent as high on Thomas as a couple of posters are. Thomas isnt good.. Hes ok for depth i suppose but no other team signefld him when they all could have. Hes not a starter. Why weaken the DL by playing an inferior CDN. 

I’m not saying they “will” do it just saying that it is something they have in their back pocket.  The fact is that it’s only a matter of time before they do. Elaiketie wasn’t drafted first overall not to become a starter. But for the time being it will likely be 4 imports within Corney and Faith rotating in.  However,  depending on performance of faith they may give that a go at some point in the season.   Marouf may be a really good player and he has potential the team wanted to develop but I’d be more comfortable with a vet line Thomas in the group if we end up starting Faith. 

The reason there was no interest in Thomas...was because he isn't that good and held a roster spot here basically because we recruited nobody, nor signed anyone of any significance with a Canadian passport who was a DT...until we drafted Faith last year.

He is here because we need a canuck DT for our roster intentions..and well..when you wait this late in the year you are scrapping bottom of barrel talent thats left

Its pretty amazing to see the sheer volume of receivers in camp with NFL experience. There's going to be a lot of guys who are surprised when they get cut from the CFL. Can't see there really being more than 2 or 3 dev roster spots open to new import receivers and the starting lineup is locked down with Adams, Dressler, and Bowman.