Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

37 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

I wish. Does Bighill deserve to be the highest paid International Defensive Player in the CFL?

A few years ago, maybe. Its hard for a MLBer to deserve to be the highest paid defensive player in the league. Now should the bombers be willing to over pay, and or risk a cap wrist slap? I would say yes. Our vet talent is peaking. We cant expect 2+ years more at this level for a bunch of guys. We no longer have a proven vet back up qb, we have the cap room and we have missed out on 3 major impact mlbers. Bear woods twice in the past year and a bit. 

Randle is 29 dressler is 32 harris is 31 mo is 31 bryant is 32 nichols is 31. Dressler has had his injury problems, mo is coming off one of the biggest injuries in football (short to medium term/career term) Nichols got banged up a bit last year with a better ol in front of him then right now. It is reasonable to expect that in 2 years half those guys will be gone. + the possibility that some one like poop could be gone in that time range to the nfl as well. (idr the length of his contract*)

Now is the time to risk it and make the moves to win today. Im not saying empty the cupboards and go all in, but we need to be a buyer. Not a seller or inactive. 

4 hours ago, Dirty30 said:

I wish. Does Bighill deserve to be the highest paid International Defensive Player in the CFL?

That title currently belongs to Solomon Elimimian, which means a Bighill return to B.C. will require a "Hometown Discount" which might happen as Bighill's wife is from Vancouver and Bighill kinda owes BC for taking a fine for letting him go to the Saints.

Edited by DanoT

3 minutes ago, DanoT said:

That title currently belongs to Solomon Elimimian, which means a Bighill return to B.C. will require a "Hometown Discount" which might happen as Bighill's wife is from Vancouver and Bighill kinda owes BC for taking a fine for letting him go to the Saints.

it's only $2,500

1 hour ago, DanoT said:

Having shared an elevator with Mr and Mrs Bighill in Vancouver I will just say good work Mr Bighill.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

3 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

Johnny Augustine! I remember he was being talked about as a first or second round pick in 2017, then nothing came of it. 

More Canadian depth at runningback can’t hurt. With our depth at Canadian receiver being pretty raw we might see LeFrance/Harris on the field at the same time with one being more of a slotback. So having more Canadian depth on the roster at runningback may be essential. It’s not a bad idea to for the team to give itself options.

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Two more DB's down, it sounds like the Bombers may be experiencing a few no-shows on the first day of camp.

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 14m14 minutes ago

Winnipeg has transferred International defensive back Travis Howard to the retired list and released International defensive back Ezra Robinson. #Bombers

They certainly didn't last too long.

54 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Johnny Augustine!!!  This is like my dream CDN RB core ha

And Brisly Estime is now my favourite Bomber.

Donteea Dye is a close second though... as long as its pronounced Dontcha Die.

yeah is there anyone else out there we can grab at RB with a Canadian passport, whose name doesn't rhyme with Bessam??

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Johnny Augustine!!!  This is like my dream CDN RB core ha

And Brisly Estime is now my favourite Bomber.

Donteea Dye is a close second though... as long as its pronounced Dontcha Die.

Bauming saying Estime has been released. Failed physical

jhurell pressley reminds me a lot of keith stokes. Excellent speed and speed tool set. A guy who will bounce around and run backwards a mile to try and gain an inch. Doesnt look like he has the power to truck over guys, but does run hard and isnt brought down easily or by arm tackles. Gets up to speed quick too. He might be the biggest threat to take some ones job as a DI returning kicks. And would give us even better depth at RB. The fact he catches the ball out of the back field well is a bonus too. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jhurell-pressley?id=2556233

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKEPa2P1ojk