Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

3 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Maybe. Couldn't they just put him on the suspended list if they wanted to keep him and free up a camp spot?

I think the issue is roster spots.  After his injury they loaded up on receivers in the draft. Who do they cut when he comes back?  Are we really going to carry more than 4 Canadian receivers on the roster?  Im assuming Wolitarsky, Simonise, Petermann, and Demski on the roster. There's also Henry, Blaskco, Thera-Plamondon and Pierre to think about for dev roster and practice roster.

4 minutes ago, Mike said:

Not too bummed about Wolff ... I like the idea of Tharold Simon better anyways ... also like Travis Howard ... but who knows, I liked Prewitt too

I won't be surprised if those two will be the next cuts... that's the dreaded "Mike-Liked" curse 😁

Edited by M.O.A.B.

29 minutes ago, Rich said:

Barring any injurey in TC, this move pretty much put Simonise and Petermann in the active roster.

Both are high picks.
Simonise is highly-skilled and got some looks down South.
While Petermann got a good combine and will definitely figure in ST early on. 

Unless, of course, anyone of Henry, Thera-Plamondon and Pierre beat them. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

At this point I'm confident Demski, Wolitarsky, and Simonise will be on the opening day roster.

Thera-Plamondon and Tyrone Pierre are pretty much exclusively special teams guys (but could make the roster as the fourth NI receiver based on that).

LaFrance may factor into the receiver picture at times, meaning we only dress one backup NI receiver.

Petermann and Henry could both use some practice roster time, IMO.

I'm curious if the Durant shitstorm has left us with any additional cap room.  I know we're out 70k... and we still have to pay a backup QB but the total salary is likely much less than Durant's.  Say the new backup salary is 120k less than Durant's, then that gives us 50k to play with.

Some funny math no doubt, but the general idea being we may have a few bucks to throw at a stud like Bighill.

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I'm curious if the Durant shitstorm has left us with any additional cap room.  I know we're out 70k... and we still have to pay a backup QB but the total salary is likely much less than Durant's.  Say the new backup salary is 120k less than Durant's, then that gives us 50k to play with.

Some funny math no doubt, but the general idea being we may have a few bucks to throw at a stud like Bighill.

Personally, if I were Walters, I'd be calling the league and saying that whatever we spend on salaries this year, we expect that we'll be forgiven 70k of it.  It's not a team's fault that they might have to pay a douchecanoe tax, and there should be some way of making that right.  In golf you have a mulligan, in the CFL call it a Durant.  Everyone (except the Riders) gets one Durant.

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

At this point I'm confident Demski, Wolitarsky, and Simonise will be on the opening day roster.

Thera-Plamondon and Tyrone Pierre are pretty much exclusively special teams guys (but could make the roster as the fourth NI receiver based on that).

LaFrance may factor into the receiver picture at times, meaning we only dress one backup NI receiver.

Petermann and Henry could both use some practice roster time, IMO.

I will have to see a full assessment of every single players' hair, and the hotness of their mothers, before I agree to any of the above.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

I am by no means a cap expert. I would think it freed up a good chunk of cash for us though. I would not be surprised to see a couple other vets pushed hard by rookies though. 

4 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Barring any injurey in TC, this move pretty much put Simonise and Petermann in the active roster.

Both are high picks.
Simonise is highly-skilled and got some looks down South.
While Petermann got a good combine and will definitely figure in ST early on. 

Unless, of course, anyone of Henry, Thera-Plamondon and Pierre beat them. 

Itll depend a bit on teams play. If they use petermann and or simonise on the return team or on teams in general they are both locked in. Those two plus wolitarski and demski are not cemented, but they will be bloody hard to beat out. I imagine that is who will be ahead on the depth chart to start camp but you never know. Should be a great battle. + we have some very promising young imp wrs that could push us to adapt the ratio else where.