Bomber Moves 2018

BigBlue

17 minutes ago, Booch said:

I hope we take a run at Bo Lokombo now that he's been released actually...could allow us some flexability on defense and possibility to go 4 import receivers 

Make him the second highest paid Cdn in the roster. I thought I heard that before. ?

Topped the West for STT with 24 in 2016.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Didn't see this list posted here so...

WINNIPEG, MB., May 1, 2018 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the following transactions.

The following players have been released from the roster:

The only "surprises" are Cierre Wood, Zach Baumann and Washington. I didn't think Stewart would last even this long.

11 hours ago, tracker said:

WINNIPEG, MB., May 1, 2018 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers announce today the following transactions.

The only "surprises" are Cierre Wood, Zach Baumann and Washington. I didn't think Stewart would last even this long.

Why are wood and bauman a surprise? Cuz of hype videos? 

15 hours ago, tracker said:

So much for Homer and Flanders playing on the same team...

19 hours ago, tracker said:

Eh running back is crazy deep. I can see how we'd need bodies in mini camp and not need them in TC. Washington had a good camp last year but never seemed to live up to it.  I wonder if prewitt will be back when healthy? cant make the club from the tub. 

18 minutes ago, Dirty30 said:

Boom! (However not exactly what I was expecting). 

nailed it xD. I like the deal. We move up in the second round, and get bc's first next year. In the west its gonna be awful hard for BC to improve. Sask could take a step back if collaros does what he always does. Other wise the bc pick is a strong candidate to be 3rd or 4th. 

My jaw hit the floor when i read about this guy this morning.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/05/01/bombers-add-dl-larry-webster/

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/larry-webster?id=2543786

bombers list him as 6'6 275. at the combine he weighed in at 255. I wonder how much he will come in at, and what his optimal weight is. 4.58 40 (weve seen plenty of slower wrs) 36.5" vert  insane measurables. Went from basketball to football with out missing a beat. For a raw athlete with soo little experience in football he got a ton of sacks and TFL. Easy to see why he was grabbed in the 4th round and stuck in the nfl for a few years. Bit of a concern that he is up here at this point. with his size and athletic ability he could be a back up for life in the nfl. If he committed to it he could be a pro STs guy too. But  who knows maybe he wants to play. Another son of a former nfler at de, growing up around high level football doesnt hurt.

Like seeing a guy with that athleticism getting back into plays, with that level of speed you can come from behind and limit some big plays with a high motor. He did some goal line TE package stuff and one of the teams in the draft wanted him to go through the te/we stuff in his pro day so thats mixed in too. Our recruitment strategy seems to be to swing for the fences, makes for some great camp battles. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Eh running back is crazy deep. I can see how we'd need bodies in mini camp and not need them in TC. Washington had a good camp last year but never seemed to live up to it.  I wonder if prewitt will be back when healthy? cant make the club from the tub. 

nailed it xD. I like the deal. We move up in the second round, and get bc's first next year. In the west its gonna be awful hard for BC to improve. Sask could take a step back if collaros does what he always does. Other wise the bc pick is a strong candidate to be 3rd or 4th. 

My jaw hit the floor when i read about this guy this morning.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/05/01/bombers-add-dl-larry-webster/

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/larry-webster?id=2543786

bombers list him as 6'6 275. at the combine he weighed in at 255. I wonder how much he will come in at, and what his optimal weight is. 4.58 40 (weve seen plenty of slower wrs) 36.5" vert  insane measurables. Went from basketball to football with out missing a beat. For a raw athlete with soo little experience in football he got a ton of sacks and TFL. Easy to see why he was grabbed in the 4th round and stuck in the nfl for a few years. Bit of a concern that he is up here at this point. with his size and athletic ability he could be a back up for life in the nfl. If he committed to it he could be a pro STs guy too. But  who knows maybe he wants to play. Another son of a former nfler at de, growing up around high level football doesnt hurt.

Like seeing a guy with that athleticism getting back into plays, with that level of speed you can come from behind and limit some big plays with a high motor. He did some goal line TE package stuff and one of the teams in the draft wanted him to go through the te/we stuff in his pro day so thats mixed in too. Our recruitment strategy seems to be to swing for the fences, makes for some great camp battles. 

If this guy plays receiver, the Bombers will have to have opposing defensive backs sign waivers before each game.

2 minutes ago, tracker said:

If this guy plays receiver, the Bombers will have to have opposing defensive backs sign waivers before each game.

shades of mike sellers lmao. Or that rugby guy just drafted by the eagles. Imagine him standing next to dressler? Put a guy like that in an iso on a fade and good luck covering him.

Itll be interesting to see if he has any pass rush moves. 

3 hours ago, MC said:

I will believe it when I see it. This hype sounds like the guys that come into the league every but when the bullets fly, someone will resurrect the old saying, "looks like Tarzan, plays like ___".

Weve seen our fair share of blue chip prospects, especially des come in like a lion only to go out like a lamb.